breaking silence

"His silence was accusing and she desperately wanted to break it into million truths."

He stood behind her with an expression that made her avoid his eye contact.

It was not anger.

Anger was still an emotion but his face was emotionless.

She felt the temperature fall drastically as a sudden blanket of coldness numbed her chaotic mind.

He was waiting for her reply but the poor soul was already shuddering under his cold exterior.

"I....I...was .... with....a frie..nd.."
She said avoiding his eye contact and focusing on his shoes ,which took a step forward.

He stood close to her making her hold her breath.
His cologne was playing with her innocence heart and she couldn't control this new feeling from evading her senses.

As soon as his heavenly breath fell near her lips, she looked up wide-eyed to see his gaze already fixed on her eyes.

"Do you smoke my dear wife?"

His question made her freeze with fear...why was he asking her such a question?

And that's when she remembered the smell which must be engulfing her because of the environment she came from.

"N...No......I don't...."

"Oh really? I guess then there is only one way to verify it."

She looked up again at him, perplexed to see his eyes fixed on her lips.
Before she could understand what he meant his one hand had already taken hold of her neck and pulled her forward.

Not expecting, she landed straight on his chest as his thumb caressed her cheek with a gentleness that she never experienced.

She knew what he was going to do now.
The taste of her lips was a testimony of her truth but she hated feeling so vulnerable in his hands.

The hidden fierceness in her has found its spark and now it was going to enlighten into a fire.
Her first kiss was not going to be spent proving her innocence.

She will fight.

When his lips were just an inch away and her body was tempting her to take a step forward she found her morals make her place a firm hand on his chest and push him back.

His grip on her neck loosened the very instant and he looked taken back for a second.

Rejection was never experienced by a man of his standing before especially from a face like hers.

"I can..'t...I don't need to prove it to you ! You either trust me or you don't! It's up to you and I don't care!"

Her face was flushing with rush of blood and her lips looked tempting as she bit them to hide her nervousness.

He had to close his eyes to control himself from doing something he will regret later.

But he couldn't show just how disappointed he was with her.

He wanted to punish her for lying to him, for stopping him from finding the truth
and especially for throwing a bucket of cold ice on his heated feelings.

But he couldn't.

His hands have found something which she wasn't aware of.
When he had gripped her neck his other hand had already slid to her sides to come across something he never expected.

He just couldn't believe his innocent-looking wife would be involved with something so inappropriate.

And this was what made him disappointed in her.