Kingdom of hope

You are my earth and I am your moon,
I only know how to rotate around you.
I only know how to reflect back all the sun's light towards you.

No matter how hard this universe tries to tear me apart from you
I will always remain attached to you.
..................................................

Jake stood there in front of her with worry evident in his eyes.

His hasty footsteps made him go towards her and engulf her small frame.
Her good hand patted his back as the boy was literally on the verge of sobbing.

He couldn't utter a word, but the grip of his embrace showed her how scared he was for her.

"I am fine sassy boy"

"I am so sorry...I am sorry Ell.... please...I....this happened all because of me...I left you ...all this wouldn't -"

"Shhhhh"
She silenced him as the first teardrop fell from his eyes.

"What did I tell you about boys and crying?"

He wiped his tears, holding onto her hand in his.

"Does it hurt Ell? Why is your shoulder bandaged?
Also your child...are you both fine"

"We are fine Jake don't worry! You know I can't die that easily..plus you my muscle strength, right? I punched him and drew blood!! Isn't that awesome!!"

He stared at her like she has grown two heads.
Mouth open in shock.

"You can't be serious! Did...did you really?"

"Yaa and I also smashed a pot on that man's head!!"

His tears were replaced by a smile as he felt proud of her.
Placing his hand on her head he moved his head in disbelief.

"You are really something Ell, joking at this time is not what normal people can afford to do."

There was a pause of silence as Elle looked lost in thought all of a sudden.

"Jake...I need a favour, can you please not tell Ashton about ..."

Her gaze went lower to her fidgeting fingers that were placed on her belly.

"No Ell this is not right! He needs to know! He is the father Elle, you can't hide something so big from him! He has the right to know!"

"I am not hiding Jake...I just need some time...I am not ready...I...."

"Have you lifted up this boyfriend t-shirt of yours and seen yourself in the mirror Elle? Your baby belly is almost showing!
You don't have time...you have to tell him before he comes to know on his own!!"

"Hell, I thought that out late-night ice creams were making you fat....but once you told me...I could see why!"

"I know ...but...what if he snatches my baby away from me Jake....my angel is the only thing I have....he can't...I will not...."

"See Elle I don't know what reasons you have to think this way but you are doing a mistake.
You have to tell him one day..why not sooner?"

"I ...I don't know Jake...."

"See Ell let's be rational here.
Someone is trying to kill you, what happened today was all planned by someone.
And I think Ashton knows who it is.
You and your angel will be safe with him.
Please ell don't be so stubborn !!"

He was right
Her life was in danger and only Ashton can keep her safe.

His eyes looked for answers to which she nodded.