Silence before storm

"Don't love anyone to the extent you forget your own self.
Always think first about your own victory before working to make someone else victorious."

..............................................

She was never the kind of girl who could hurt anyone with her words and have a peaceful sleep.
Nor was she the one who used silent treatment to hurt someone.

But after that night she changed.

She learned to keep her mouth shut when others didn't appreciate her words or pay attention to her.

What was the use of shouting when no one was listening?

What was the use of caring when no one asked her of her well being?

She was cleaning the utensils when she heard his voice.

"Do I need to tell you again and again?? I think you didn't take my warning seriously last time....."

"You dare call me again or my secretary or anyone related...I swear you will not like the consequences"

She refused to look up at him but she could hear him come to the kitchen making her heart beat faster.

It's been 2 days since that night and both were giving each other silent treatment.
She was determined not to talk to him when he hated her so much.

She could hear his steps stop just behind her and her hands started shaking from anxiety.

Why was he standing so close? What does he want?

But to her surprise, she saw his arm stretch over her head as he leaned on her to take out a glass from the cupboard above her.

His body was touching her rear and she turned around to escape from him.

But to her dismay instead, her head hit his chest as soon as she turned.
He looks down to find her looking flushed and angry.

Her eyes were cast down and her hands placed on the counter to escape his touch.

He lingered a little longer to watch if her silence was going to break today but it didn't.

He finally moved back holding the glass and turned his back on her.

His retreating steps were heard and she sprinted from the kitchen to escape his presence.
She was playing hide and seek with him for the last two days and refused to speak to him.

It's not like he asked her something but she wasn't doing her usuals monologue chatter near him anymore.

On one side it was a good thing.
His house was peaceful again with no disturbances.
But on the other her walking around like a ghost irritated him.

It looked like she had not combed her hair in the last two days and the clothes she wore were just so disgusting.
If a guest tends to come all of a sudden he will think of her to be a household maid.

Her loose jeans were too loose on her waist and thighs.
The tops she wore looked like men's t-shirts and not to forget her muddy black sneakers.

He hated those cheap sneakers of hers.

He has filled her wardrobe with Chanel and Gucci's but this girl was adamant to defy him every time.

It was evening when he saw her leave.
Her eyes didn't match his as she silently picked the car keys and left.

He wanted to ask where she was going in a hurry at this time but refrained himself.

"It's not my business"