Secret Ingredients

yeah another popular Coffee shop AU!
warnign, this one does have smut and links to the original site. oops. well, there will be a warning so if smut makes you uncomfortable, try and skip/
this has 26 chapters, so they'll all be on this one page. There should be chapter breaks! enjoy, Lovlies!
-Osha

Original story https://archiveofourown.org/works/7468482?view_full_work=true
art by ikimaru

Secret Ingredients

original by Lynn1998

Chapter 1: Rivals

Chapter Text

"Careful Lance...careful Lance...c-careful La-"

"Hunk! Telling me to be careful is not gonna make me more careful," Lance snapped.

"Oh...sorry," Hunk apologized sheepishly.

"I almost got the lettering done. I don't need you breathing down my neck."

Hunk nodded but kept holding his breath. Lance had to elbow him lightly in the stomach to regain his personal space, but even then Hunk was still carefully watching him guide the blue frosting on the cake with the piper. The baker groaned as he finished up the last word on the cake and set down his piper.

"There. It's finished and it survived. Are you happy?" He spoke harshly and crossed his arms over his chest. Hunk let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank god. I was worried you were gonna sneeze and mess it up like you did that one time," he told him and patted him on the back.

"Oh c'mon! That was one time!" He shouted.

"It's a valid reason to stress out. You never know what the human body will do," Hunk replied simply before taking the cake and slipping it carefully in its box.

"Whatever. I've learned my lesson to lean away from the cake when I sneeze," he moved the cake box in front of him and neatly wrapped it with their signature blue and yellow ribbon.

"And...voila! The prettiest cake in the Streets of Voltron," he stated proudly.

"Yeah? You sure Allura is gonna like it?" Hunk asked as he leaned his elbow on the counter.

"I'm positive! I baked this cake with her in mind. I used all of her favorite ingredients. Light fluffy yellow cake as the base with strawberry cream to hold the tiers together. Three of them! Incase you were wondering-"

"I literally watched you bake this, Lance."

"-, and fresh buttercream frosting on top decorated with hand-piped frosting Juneberries. Her favorite, by the way."

"You put a lot of thought in to this. Lance," Hunk acknowledged.

"Thank you, Hunk."

"So why did you write 'please date me' on top of it? It makes it look really desperate, dude," he told Lance. The baker gawked at his business partner.

"How dare you! My message is with full sincerity and is a part of the art!" He shouted.

"Uh-huh. I'm sure Princess Books will totally believe that."

"Oh shut it, Hunk. You're just jealous because I single handedly created the best date proposal known to man," he gloated.

"She's paying for that right? You do know how much it costs to make your amazing strawberry cream, right?"