Dear Keith

Dear Keith by Refjay 27

found here:

Dear Keith,

Where to start? I guess I'll just try to explain as best I can. To put it simply, you don't know me. We've never met and that's a good thing. Actually, you don't even exist. You're just a name that popped into my head. In truth, I just needed someone to talk to. Someone who wasn't going to judge me. I got into some trouble recently and I'm not really sure how to fix it.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to start at the beginning so you understand. Don't let me fool you, though. This mess is all my fault. At first it was just something to solve a minor problem but it quickly got out of hand. Before I knew it things had spiraled out of my control.

Maybe I'm hoping that by writing everything out I'll think of a way to turn things around. Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel less guilty. I don't know...

Okay, no more stalling. Here's how it started. It was the beginning of the fall semester at the university I go to...

-----

"Lance? Lance! Lance wake up!"

Lance stirred and pulled the covers over his head, not ready to face the day yet. He was warm and getting up meant being cold. Lance was not okay with that.

"Lance, if you don't get up now you won't have enough time to get ready."

Lance shot up. "What time is it?"

He heard Hunk sigh from across the room. "Six thirty."

"What?" Lance threw the covers off and rushed to the bathroom connected to their dorm room, yelling at Hunk as he went. "I told you to wake me up at six!"

"I did." Came Hunk's reply. He sounded unconcerned, having dealt with Lance all of last year. "You opened your eyes, flipped me off, and then went back to sleep."

"Impossible! It's too important a day for me to do that!" Lance yelled at Hunk from the bathroom. He was in the process of hastily going through his morning skincare routine.

"I knew you'd say that so I recorded it for proof. This isn't my first rodeo, Lance." Hunk replied. "I don't really understand why you're so worked up. It's just the first day of classes."

"Exactly!" Lance said, popping his head out of the bathroom, pointing his toothbrush at Hunk. "You know what they say about first impressions."

Hunk sighed and Lance ducked back into the bathroom. "Alright, man. Whatever works for you."

Lance was like a tornado through his and Hunk's small dorm room as he got ready. When seven thirty rolled around he and Hunk left the dorm. Lance was confident that he looked perfect. He was positive he was going to be the best looking guy in all of his classes today. Just the way he liked it.

Pidge was waiting for them outside their dorm building looking like they hadn't slept a wink last night.

"You look like shit." Lance said casually.

"I'm sorry, Lance." Pidge said looking down at their clothes. "I didn't mean to match you today."

"Oh! Good one, Pidge!" Hunk said, holding out his fist towards Pidge. Pidge bumped it with their own, a victorious smile on their face.