Thinking 'Bout You

found here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/12607656

Thinking 'Bout You

BleuSarcelle, Queerklancing

Keith wakes up to singing.

His mind can't really wrap itself around the fact, still heavy with sleep, and it only makes him more annoyed when the singing grows louder. It's probably around the fifth verse when he finally snaps.

'Ugh, you've got to be kidding me,' he thinks, face still pressed against his pillow in a weak attempt to block the singing echoing around him, 'Imma murder someone, I swear.'

The singing stops abruptly, making him wince at the sudden sharp tug it took inside his mind at the action.

Silence is back around his light dimmed room and Keith honestly couldn't care less about the weird experience. Weirder things have happened before in life than annoying singing stopping out of nowhere, honestly.

Keith's just glad it's gone, and he's able to go back to sleep -

'Um, hello?'

Keith pauses, his limbs tensing and his breath hitching when a sudden unfamiliar voice makes itself present. He takes two seconds before he leaps out of bed, the knife he keeps under his pillow held up high in front of him in defense.

He stands tall and firm, trying to look intimidating and dangerous even though he's missing a sock and his boxers are hanging a little too low around his hips.

Wide dark blue eyes narrow themselves as they search every corner of his room for any kind of intruder. His room is not that big, barely able to hold a bed, a dresser and a small desk next to the window, basically bare and transparent.

Keith lowers his knife slowly, eyebrows furrowed together in confusion when nothing looks out of the ordinary.

"Fair enough, that was weird," Keith hums out loud, easing his shoulders and relaxing his stand as he takes one last look around him and drops his knife on his bed.

'Maybe I'm going crazy.'

A shiver runs down his spine when the voice appears once again, but this time, Keith can easily pinpoint the place it's coming from, or more like, where it shouldn't come from.

He takes a pause, hands up in the air as if he was trying to calm himself down, before he takes a deep breath.

'That was not my thought,' he thinks, panic and confusion filling his chest, 'That was not my thought, what the fu -'

'Dude,' the unfamiliar voice cuts him off sharply, but Keith can hear the edge of fear lingering on its tone, 'Dude, what the fuck -'

'No, no, you what the fuck.' Keith thinks angrily, scowling as his eyes go up, as if he could meet the stranger's face in the ceiling.

'Me? You what the fuck.' The voice replies, panic and fear still on the back but being covered by annoyance, 'Get out.'

'It's my head, you get out.'

'No, it's mine.'

Keith purses his lips and pokes his temple and then his cheek, nodding once he confirms what he was looking for.

'No, pretty sure it's my body, my mind, and you're a weird thing invading it.'

'Maybe I'm your conscious?'