Us Gays Have To Stick Together

found here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15391575

BONUS: SHADAM

Us Gays have to stick together

Queerklancing

Lance never knew that space is this empty. Well, technically he knows it's mostly dark matter, but ever since they started traveling with the castle they encountered one fantastic planet after another. Flying through the vastness of space with just their lions is a whole different matter though.

Lance sighs and plops his cheek into his hand. He's sitting crossed leg on the pilot's seat, making Red do all the work for him. At least the team is finally back together. With even more people though. Krolia, Romelle and Yorak, Keith's space wolf, are traveling with them now.

Keith ...

He sure changed in the two years he was gone. He grew taller, his mullet got even more ridiculous and for some stupid reason Lance can no longer deny that he's just incredibly handsome . Lance always had a weak spot for Keith, but the moment he stepped out of that pod, Lance had almost lost his mind.

He groans, running a hand down his heated cheeks. There has to be something wrong with him. He's never been attracted to a boy before, and the implication of this feeling leaves his stomach in knots. Another deep groan leaves his lips.

"Hey, is everything okay?"

Lance yelps and straightens up, hand already at his side to summon his bayard. When he turns his head though, he's met with dark worried eyes.

"God, Shiro don't do this," Lance sighs, falling back into his chair.

"Sorry," the older man chuckles, sitting down on the armrest. Lance scoots a little to the side to make some room.

Ever since Shiro woke up in his new clone body he took turns flying with the team. He said he had to catch up with all of them, and honestly the cockpit of a lion isn't really a place you want to share with another person for too long. It can get a little claustrophobic.

"What's wrong?"

Lance looks up at the question and is greeted with a tired but friendly expression. Shiro still sleeps most of the time, so Lance didn't expect him to hear his dramatics.

"Nothing! Nothing! Everything's just peachy!" Lance laughs, making an Ok-Sign with his hand which only earns him a raised eyebrow and a stern look.

"Lance." Shiro says in that tone of his that always makes Lance flinch. "I can tell something is off." He pauses for a second, and Lance's stomach drops when he speaks again. "Is it something about Keith?"

Lance's mouth goes dry, heart beating in his throat as he laughs. "What? Why would Keith bother me? It's not like I even care about him or notice him or whatever. Haven't talked to him ever since he came back anyway." Lance says defensively, arms floundering in the air.

A small smirk makes its way to Shiro's lips. "That's exactly what I was talking about."

Lance's arms drop into his lap and he only stares at Shiro, while a big lump forms in his throat. His eyes are starting to burn, and embarrassment creeps onto his cheeks.

"Ugh!" he whines, hiding his face in his hands. "Fine! Maybe it has something to do with Keith," he admits, blush creeping up all the way to his ears.

"You can talk to me about it. If you want to," Shiro suggests, voice low and soothing. Lance breaks the moment he feels a warm hand on his neck. The truth is, he's been dying to talk about all his feelings for a while now. But nobody would listen. Nobody but Shiro.