Lions Charm 1 & 2

Hello lovielies! Hope you enjoy! Leave a comment and a star, as always<3~author

- 1

Letting himself in, Lance kicks off his slides and tosses his keys in the general direction of the couch before making his way into the kitchen. He can hear Hunk mumbling to himself out on the deck so he calls over, head in the fridge, "Hey buddy, need a refill?"

"Lance? Is that you?"

Snorting, Lance pulls an extra beer out of the fridge and joins his friend near the grill. "No, it's a ghost. I was just asking if you were good?" He holds up the can.

Hunk accepts the drink, cracking it open. "Hey man, you never know!"

"Pretty sure that I'm the only one who has keys to your house besides you." Lance pops himself up on his usual spot at the edge of Hunk's patio.

"Breaking and entering is a thing." Hunk points out diplomatically as he seasons several very large, very impressive cuts of meat. As always, Hunk is a "go big or go home" kind of cook.

Lance laughs. They've been friends long enough that he knows Hunk will tell him point blank if there's anything he needs to do to help, so for now he just lounges while Hunk bustles about. Without preamble, Lance begins a long, animated rant about a customer he dealt with earlier at work, more to amuse Hunk than for any commiseration. When that peters out, he gets all the delicious details about the recipes Hunk is experimenting with for this evening's impromptu cookout. Having a best friend who is an engineer by day and a gourmand by night has its perks.

Their conversation inevitably picks back up where their earlier texts had left off. One of their mutual friends, Pidge, asked if Lance would be interested in helping Pidge's friend Keith with his youtube channel. Something about haunted houses or something. Lance isn't really into the idea.

"Uh, no offense man, but. It's not like you're doing anything else?" Hunk shrugs.

"Excuuuuse me? Excuse me? Not doing anything else?!" Lance slides off the railing and begins pacing around the deck, numbering on his fingers and generally being a nuisance. "One. I just graduated. Like a week ago. Two. I'm working full time. Three. My social calendar is very demanding. Four--"

"Okay, see." Hunk adjusts the charcoal in the grill and rearranges the steaks accordingly. Direct heat, then indirect heat, then direct heat again. Charred, yet gorgeously rare is the goal. First steaks of the summer so they've gotta be perfect. He continues talking, more or less ignoring the huffing noise Lance makes at being interrupted. "I wouldn't call being stood up for two dates in a row a 'very demanding social calendar.' And you've been back home more than a week. Pretty much a solid month."

"Nyma did not stand me up, Hunk! Something came up! With her great-aunt! And she had to..." he trails off as Hunk turns to give him a look. "I'm lowkey job searching too?" He offers.

"You're highkey avoiding the future." Hunk corrects.

Coming from anybody else that would be a little too harsh. But coming from his Best Buddy and Overall Good Guy, Hunk Garrett, Lance has to admit....Hunk is right. It pays okay, but being a shift manger at the local arts and crafts store is NOT putting his Bachelor's in Film and Media Studies to good use. And it's definitely not what he wants to do for the rest of his life. Or even the rest of his summer.