Love So Soft

Found here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/13125762

Love so soft

Queerklancing

Lance has always dreamed about a magical winter kiss. The perfect kiss, so soft and sweet it makes you melt on the spot. Preferably under a mistletoe while it was snowing. The thought of it never fails to make him sigh dreamily.

He made a grave mistake though: he told his older sister.

She started hanging up mistletoes around their apartment when she heard about it - to mock Lance. "There's no way, you'll ever bring someone home!" she had laughed while running away from Lance with the mentioned plant in her hand. That was more than five years ago, and it became a tradition at their household after that. When he was younger, it truly hurt Lance, but now it's just another excuse to shower his family with love and kisses. Which is a thing Lance loves to do, so it's a win for him after all.

That doesn't mean that he gave up on his dream though.

That's why he's standing below the archway in Allura's estate (there's really no other way to describe her huge, castle like home) that connects the kitchen with the lounge. The room is brimming with party guests, most of them wearing fancy outfits, Santa hats or horrible Christmas sweaters. Laughter, loud conversations, and soft Christmas music fills the atmosphere and Lance is grinning from one ear to the other. He loves Christmas. And he loves Allura's amazing Christmas parties.

And the mistletoe above his head.

"You again? This is the third time, dude," Lance laughs when Hunk presents him his cheek with a grin.

"Well, it's your fault for standing here all evening."

Lance shakes his head, but can't fight the smile spreading on his lips.

"Alright, alright, big guy."

He grabs Hunk's face and pulls him down to plant a very loud and very wet kiss on his cheek. "There you go! But this is the last one!"

"Oh no, really?"

Hunk pouts, eyes wide and watery with false sadness.

"Yeah, you don't want him to run out of kisses, do you?" Pidge chimes in, stopping next to them as she takes a sip from the straw in her drink. She's wearing one of the most horrible sweaters Lance has ever seen - robots dressed up as reindeers and snowmen - and Lance loves it.

"Awww, Pidge! Don't worry there's enough left for you!"

Lance cackles as he pulls her in, squishing both of her cheeks with his hands, and Pidge struggles so much she almost spills her drink. "Lance, stop!"

"Do you really not want to smooch me?" Lance asks, throwing her his best puppy-eyes, but stopping just short of her face. That's why he can feel the annoyed huff she releases after a second.

"No, I don't really mind," she admits, eyes darting to the side in embarrassment. "Just not on the lips," she adds, glaring at him for a second.

Lance laughs, turns her head, and presses a soft kiss to her temple. "Love you too, Pidgeon."

Pidge groans, but giggles, when Lance presses another kiss to her eyebrow. "Oh my god stop it, you sap."