♡ chapter 3 ♡

♡ flawsome hotel-bound feelings ♡

"...maybe I could have a life here."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

"Did you see how much toilet paper I used?" Sonic gushed as he jumped up and down on the bright red motel bedsheet. "The next time someone goes in there, they're going to have to use their hands!"

Y/n giggled, standing up on her knees and turning her hands into a finger gun, pointing it at the lampshade while Tom scooped up some homemade ice packs. "The brawl was intense, hands being thrown in every corner of the bar. The odds were against us..."

"But no one could best the Blue Blur, Star Chaser, and Donut Lord!" Sonic finished for her. "Scratching another one off my bucket list!" He flopped down to the nightstand and scratched off the one labeled "start a bar fight."

"Very ambitious of you," Y/n joked, flopping onto her back and letting her hair dangle off the side of the bed. Tom made his way over to the other bed and sat down on it, handing Sonic and Y/n each an ice pack while pressing his own against his face.

"You are one weird little dude. You've got a lot in common with Y/n," Tom sent her a smug smile. She brushed some loose strands of h/c hair back and pressed the ice pack against her throbbing temples. Y/n had been one of the lucky few to have not gotten punched in the face, but she did get hit in the head by some airborne nachos. Sonic watched the two for a little bit and mimicked Y/n, pressing it against his cheek.

"So what are we going to do now?" He asked excitedly, his ever constant adrenaline still pumping and ready to jump at whatever was next. Tom began taking off his shoes and plopping them on the floor as he glanced over at the TV set.

"I'm going to pass out watching TV, and the two of you should, too."

"But it's my last day on earth!" Sonic protested, leaning against Y/n's stomach. She slowly pushed herself up to sitting position and glanced over her shoulder at her dad.

"I mean, he has a point," she nodded. He sighed.

"Alright, well, anything the two of you can find in this room that might be noteworthy, have at it." He plopped down onto the bed and in a couple of minutes, Y/n and Sonic could already hear the soft snores coming from his mouth. And he didn't even have to turn the TV on. Sonic took this as his opportunity and flew around the room, tossing toilet paper like confetti, screwing with the TV guide, and doing... something in the bathroom. In a matter of seconds, he was already back on the bed next to Y/n, wearing a towel on his head and no shoes.

 In a matter of seconds, he was already back on the bed next to Y/n, wearing a towel on his head and no shoes