♡ chapter 12 ♡

♡ flawsome baseball games ♡

"You're the only one for me."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

When times get rough, the Wachowski's only know of one way to solve them.

Baseball.

Of course, Maddie had ended up letting Tom know about Y/n's visit with her last night and Y/n told Sonic about the vision she had had. All of them were stumped and had little to no clue on how to help the situation other than to protect Y/n at all costs. For three hours after she had told him, Sonic refused to leave her alone and even sat outside the bathroom when she had to go. It was terrifying to think that the man they had beat after Sonic almost getting killed would be coming back, and even more terrifying that someone might try to kill their beloved icy hedgehog. Y/n was trying to do her best to prove to them that she was alright and that she wasn't anxious every time she passed by someone wearing black or red. But it was quite obvious that she was having the hardest time out of all of them.

So, the second they all had a free period in their schedules, they packed up the two kids, a bunch of baseball bats, balls, and mitts, and drove on out to the empty baseball field near the woods. The school baseball team had played a game a couple of days ago, so the grounds were nice and used. And if you looked closely enough, you could still see some trample lines in the dirt from where Sonic had caused the power outage.

Y/n and Sonic had assured Tom and Maddie that they could handle all the other positions, so while Maddie stood with a whistle around her neck as a referee, Tom crouched behind Sonic and prepped to catch the ball. The sun shone proudly through the skies as a gentle breeze ruffled the fur underneath their baseball caps.

"Here we are ladies and gentlemen, taking back the claim from that ninth tie with exactly who you wanted to play for the game on the line, Sonic!" The electric blue hedgehog introduced himself with a perfect announcer imitation as he took his stance and looked into Y/n's e/c eyes. She smirked and stretched her arms out behind her back, tossing the ball up into the air and catching it just as it passed her nose.

"But staring him down from the pitcher's mound is the fiercest hedgehog known to Green Hills, Y/n!" She sent him a wink. In the amount of time it took for Sonic to laugh softly, she was already appearing on the other side of the field, this time without her cap on. She cracked her neck and steadied herself into position.

"Hey! Hit it to the chick on the left, she's a real lunatic!" The other three watched as a very gentle hum floated through the air, revealing Y/n standing on the other side of the field once more. She watched as a butterfly floated past her, and immediately started to chase it.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Guys, it's a butterfly!"

Tom and Maddie laughed as they watched her try to jump in the air and catch it, beginning to wonder if she was still pretending or if she had actually gotten lost in the chase.