♡ chapter 5 ♡

♡ flawsome wanted posters ♡

"It was calling to her..."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Tom's eyes watered from the smoke as he slowly forced himself up into a sitting position. His lungs screamed from the new chemicals being introduced to them, causing him to cough like a smoker. Once the clouds of smoke finally cleared and his vision finally returned to him, he looked to see if the two kids were okay.

...it was the exact opposite.

Amidst the burning dried grass, Y/n and Sonic lay facing each other, unconscious. They had some soot and chemicals from the explosion still on their skin and Y/n had dirt in her hair, their mouths slightly open and limbs strewn about in unnatural angles. Tom's heart stopped beating as he ran over to his daughter, pulling her head into his lip.

"Y/n," he shook her body, checking her pulse. It was weak, but it was there. He checked Sonic's next. It was the same. Tears threatened to spill out of his eyes as he brushed the hair out of his daughter's face. Sure, they had had some rough times... but she was his kid. "Come on, you guys are alright... get up." For once in his life, his voice sounded weak and desperate. He didn't want these kids to die! Who would? He quickly scooped up Y/n into his arms, hating the way that her body hung limply to the sides.

"...you're going to be okay."

♡♡♡

It had taken quite a lot of convincing for Tom to be able to make it past the foyer of his sister-in-law's house, even with Maddie trying to convince her. Once the poor unconscious Sonic was revealed from underneath the sheet Tom had been hiding him under, Maddie's skepticism only grew. The two watched as her sister fell onto the floor, unconscious.

"Where's Y/n?" She asked in concern.

"In the car..." Tom's expression fell to rock bottom. "She's in no better condition."

His words kicked Maddie into gear as she burst out the door in search for her daughter, leaving Tom standing there with Sonic. She ran out to the truck as fast as she could, having to hold back a scream once she realized that the top was missing. There Y/n was, just as Tom had said, lying down in the backseat with her hair in a mess and her clothes covered in dirt. Her hands had cuts and bruises on them and while she could still see the rise and fall of her stomach, they came in very short, very rapid breaths. Maddie quickly picked her daughter up and hugged her to her chest, begging herself not to cry.

"Hey there, sweetie," she whispered to the body as she picked her up bridal style and began to carry her back into the house. "You're going to be just fine... I promise."

About a half hour later, Maddie finally returned from upstairs where she had tended to Y/n's wounds and set her up in her bed to rest. Ozzy was in there keeping watch over her while her sister remained tied to a chair in the living room. Tom and Jojo stood over Sonic's unconscious body as he lay as stiff as a board on the kitchen island. As Maddie came over carrying her vet kit, she gently pushed her husband aside and did her best not to let her inner emotions of disgust show.