♡ chapter 18 ♡

♡ flawsome sleep kicker ♡

"What am I doing wrong?"

♡♡♡

"Ow..."

Y/n inhaled sharply as Sonic kicked her once again in the shin, igniting even more pain throughout her already sore legs.

"OW! Shit..." She breathed, pulling her legs up to her chest. She sighed. Of course, Sonic would never intentionally hurt her. He was fast asleep, she could tell by the snoring adorable sleep-mumbling. She could only hope he was kicking Robotnik's ass in his dream. Unfortunately for her, thanks to his increased stress levels, the main thing he was kicking right now was her legs. And it wasn't just those gentle, teasing kicks, oh no. These were the kind that he used when he got very determined to win during Wachowski soccer tournaments. It hurt like hell, she wasn't going to lie. And she was beginning to develop some nasty bruises from the trauma too. But every time she tried a different sleeping position, his feet somehow found a way to kick them. She had tried multiple times to wake him up, but he was such a heavy sleeper that he could have slept through a hurricane and not even stirred.

Guess living with a stable roof over his head had made him let down his guard a little bit.

She loved Sonic with all her heart, but it was very well known that if there was one thing he was good at, it was fighting. And his kicks were no exception. Sighing, she turned onto her back and glanced over at her boyfriend as he slept. He looked so peaceful. The kicks had stopped now, thank goodness. Raising one of her arms, she gently stroked his jawline and smiled softly to herself. All of the years that they had spent together, he was her one constant. The one being that she would protect with her life. If it came down to it that they couldn't handle the fight between Robotnik and them, she would do anything to stop him from hurting Sonic. Even if it meant-

"OW! Sonic!" She hissed, trying her best to bite back tears as his foot collided with her shin once again.

♡♡♡

The next morning, Y/n wasn't in her best mood. Getting kicked in the shin all throughout the night will do that to you. But after she forced a couple cups of coffee down her throat, she was at least sociable and not entirely conflicted. Knuckles had been the one to recommend that they move their camp site since it was already known to Shadow and Robotnik and they were getting closer to becoming ready for battle by the day. Because of his warning, they all decided that it would be best to move a couple of miles east just in case.

While Spirit, Tails, and Knuckles drove ahead in the truck, Y/n and Sonic stretched their abilities. It had been a little while since they had practiced using their powers besides the spontaneous callings when Robotnik or Shadow or even Knuckles had shown up out of the blue for a little practice-sparring. Though Y/n hated to admit it, she was beginning to wonder if her abilities were growing a bit too far out of her control. Maybe some practice would be good for her; help her regain a bit of a grip on reality. She hadn't heard the singing ever since they left for this trip, so that had to be at least a decent sign that things were going okay with her. Sonic, on the other hand, couldn't have been better. He adored the idea of getting to spend some quality time with his lady by doing the one thing that they loved most: racing.