♡ chapter 15 ♡

♡ flawsome love rivals ♡

"He was in love."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

"I can't believe you crashed our drone into a tree."

"OUR drone? You dimwitted simpleton-"

"If I may, Doctor," Shadow was quick to interject before his boss lost his temper for the eighteenth (or was it nineteenth?) time today. "I suggest that we try to find a place to stay for the night while we consider a way to get it out of the tree. It might even fall out on its own eventually."

Thanks to the engine that had fallen off of the drone because of Robotnik's shit repair job, it hadn't been too long before he had lost complete control of the machine and it had crash landed into a throng of trees a ways out in the woods surrounding Green Hills. They didn't have to worry about anyone seeing them while they were out for a hike, but they were also out in such a secluded area that they would have to walk all the way to town in order to get supplies. Luckily, that was what Robotnik had minions for.

He heaved a deep breath around his gigantic mustache hairs and lifted his goggles onto his cleanly-shaved head. "Right. Shadow, you can run to the repair shop on 20th Street in Green Hills and get me some repair products," He dug around in his pockets and dropped a list of supplies into Shadow's gloved hands. "Make sure no one sees you. If they give you any trouble, eliminate them."

"Yes, sir." And with that, Shadow was gone. Robotnik turned back to Knuckles who was staring in awe as their drone swayed lightly in the tree. He pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a long sigh.

"I don't suppose you could lift this out of the trees?"

Knuckles cracked his knuckles and gave him a smug smile. "I can do my best, Master."

Well. Things were going just splendidly, now weren't they?

♡♡♡

Meanwhile, Y/n, Sonic, Tails, and Spirit were packing up the truck for their mission. They didn't have a clue how long they would be gone for, so they were preparing for the worst. Spirit had provided multiple weapons to defend herself whereas Sonic and Y/n simply packed any necessities they might need as they had powers for their only line of defense. Tails surprisingly said he would do fine on his own, but Tom gave him a couple dart guns just in case. When questioned about if her parents knew where she was going, the family was surprised to find out that Spirit was technically living by herself at the moment. Apparently her mom died when she was young and her father was always away on business trips, so when he did come home, he was pretty tired.

She assured them that she was fine, but Y/n couldn't help but feel empathy for her. It was horrible to feel alone for so long, even when you're surrounded by people. Maybe that's why the two of them got along so well or why Spirit wanted to help them in any means that she could.