♡ chapter 8 ♡

♡ flawsome revivals ♡

"You're my family."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

 This couldn't be happening. It was insane how Y/n's worst fear was something tangible. Something that she could feel as she pressed her fingers against Sonic's slowing pulse.

She was losing him... again.

Because she was a coward.

The tears refused to stop. Even when a crowd of concerned Green Hill citizens began to abandon their late night dinners and see why this glowing ice blue hedgehog was crying over another one that they could only identify as Crazy Carl's Blue Devil. Even when Tom and Maddie finally made it back to the scene and felt their own hearts begin breaking as they watched their daughter begin to sob over Sonic's body. Even when the Egghead responsible for all of this began to make his dramatic descent out of the portal and took a moment to bask in the glory of their defeat. Her tears dripped onto Sonic's fur as he tried his best to work his way out of unconsciousness, to let his crush know that he was alright, but his limbs felt like jello.

"P-please, Sonic..." Y/n sniffled. "Ge-get up..."

"Well, looky here! Bonnie lost her Clyde, oh, the humanity!" He let out his signature evil chuckle, raising his goggles on to his forehead. "You are such astonishing creatures, aren't you?" On the ground before him, Tom caught sight of the bag of golden rings. He slyly picked them up and kept a close eye on the scene taking place before him as Y/n slowly raised her head up from Sonic to stare at the evil man in the drone.

The tears continued to stream endlessly down her face as her gaze hardened.

"It'll be amazing to take you back to the lab to perform some exploratory procedures. Any last words, Bonnie? Clyde?" He waited for a moment as the ice blue hedgehog's grip on Sonic's side tightened.

"Go. To. Hell." Y/n snarled, somehow managing not to choke on her tears. Her e/c irises began to glow a mystical blue as her emotions began to take a toll on her. Eggman's eyes raised a little in surprise. Funny, he thought Sonic was the only one whose powers were affected by emotion. He shrugged and plopped his goggles back on.

"I can't tell you how many procedures have been made possible by animal testing. And how am I supposed to one-up others in my scientific discoveries if I'm in hell, hmm?" The whole time he was bragging, he didn't notice Tom appear behind him and jump onto his drone. Y/n watched from her spot next to Sonic, putting her acting skills to the test. Tom was quick to punch Eggman in the face mid-sentence, initiating a very brave mini-battle between the two until Tom got thrown out onto the ground, groaning in pain. Watching Tom get shoved onto the pavement like that only made Y/n's emotions grow more fierce as her body began to hum without any use of her vocal chords, an electric light blue pigment beginning to radiate off of her.