♡ chapter 10 ♡

DISCLAIMER: there are some things in this chapter that do not line up with the original Sonic the Hedgehog game plot line. I had to change some things in order to make things fit together in this story, so please no hate! Enjoy!

♡ flawsome visions & pains ♡

"She was alone in the night."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Ah~, ah~.

Y/n's bloodshot eyes popped open once again as the song evaded her eardrums. The singing hadn't stopped for a half an hour and she was beginning to lose all hopes of getting any sleep tonight. Letting out a defeated sigh, she hesitantly raised herself up into a sitting position, making sure not to disturb Sonic in the process. Her torso already felt cold from the lack of his body heat. She shivered, e/c eyes glowing in the dark as she glanced around the empty room.

This better be worth it.

Ah~, ah~... The song rang mysteriously throughout the house, sounding like it was coming from the kitchen. Y/n let out a soft groan, but made a gradual transition to stand, wincing as her ankles cracked from the new introduction of pressure. Her ears flattened against her hair-like quills as she looked towards the darkened kitchen. The only source of light came from the milky moonlight shining through the window, but it was still enough to send shivers down Y/n's spine. The tune rang out through the air again, the song that only she could hear, prompting her to move.

Closing her eyes, she sighed and timidly walked into the kitchen. "Hello?" She whispered into the air, already feeling stupid. Before she had a good idea where it was coming from, but now she had no idea. "I can hear you. Where are you?"

Ah~, ah~. The tune ended on a sharper note, it was more urgent this time. Her heart began to pound against her chest as her ears flickered back and forth, searching for the source. It finally clicked in her head as she turned towards the patio that led out into their backyard. It was bathed in moonlight at this hour, so at least she would be able to see. But that wasn't what worried her. What worried her was the fact that it was coming from outside.

Well, she was already awake, so why the hell not?

She gulped down her fears and quietly unlocked the door, sliding it open with intense precision as to not make a sound. It made a small whooshing noise as the scent of damp grass and midnight air seeped into her nostrils. The moon loomed beautifully in the sky above, surrounded by dozens of loving stars that twinkled in the dark night. She hesitated on the threshold, wondering if the voice would be okay if she just stayed inside.

Ah~, ah~!

Apparently not.

Yes, this was insane. Following a strangely beautiful and potentially dangerous voice out of her house and into the dead of night. But, when was her life ever not insane? Swallowing her pride, she crossed over the threshold and dropped onto the deck a few inches below her. Her e/c eyes scanned the backyard carefully and the tree line before her, wondering what she was supposed to be looking for exactly. Of course, the answer came to her almost instantly as a little light caught her eye. It was small, not much larger than a quarter, with her signature ice blue color hinted to it. It reminded her of the wisps that Merida had followed into the woods from Brave, she thought as she took in the little fireball's figure. Her eyes widened in surprise. She had never seen such a beautiful creature before. It hovered in the air before her, its flames lapping at the air around it. She couldn't help but feel like it was watching her as she cautiously stepped closer to it.