♡ chapter 13 ♡

♡ flawsome pretenders ♡

"You're in danger?"

♡♡♡

"What do you mean you have no goat milk lattes around here?" Robotnik screeched. Knuckles offered him a sheepish smile, scratching the back of his bright red neck.

"Umm... with all due respect, I don't even know what a latte is-"

"Ridiculous!" Robotnik flipped around and slammed his gloved fists onto his messy blueprints resting on a heightened log to form a makeshift desk. It was just his luck that the power tools Robotnik needed weren't exactly in high demand on this planet, so they had to wait until they would be back in stock. So now he was stuck here.

With... Knuckles.

A bright echidna, really. Not.

At least Shadow made it all the slightest bit bearable, helping him out with his notes and formulas of making Metal Sonic. He couldn't help but think it was pretty cool that Shadow knew how to handle a gun, too. Agent Stone did an impeccable job training him. He would make sure not to let his hard work go to waste.

"Doctor, I found some more titanium. I ripped it off of someone's house."

Robotnik cocked his head to the side to see Shadow set down a pile of grey material. It was a great step in the right direction for building Metal Sonic, but would it be enough? He had been trying to juggle two giant projects at once: repairing the drone to get them back to earth and the creation of a blood-thirsty, undefeatable version of that putrid blue hedgehog. Yes, he did have his two henchmen - but let's be honest, they didn't have over five degrees in the field of science and technology alone. Not to mention that he had to go to the one planet that had barely any of the resources he actually needed.

He wished Stone were here.

Wait, what?

"G-good, Shadow. Next we need flex sensors." Robotnik swiped away his first prototype of the animatronic and debated on whether or not he wanted to add in lasers or cannons first. Would he even be able to consider the vacancy of this pathetic excuse of a planet? Wait. What was that? He slowly turned his head to be greeted with the sight of Knuckles practically breathing on his shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"Ooh~ what's that? Is that a... ferret?" He tilted his head to the side in confusion, squinting at the diagrams strewn across the blueprints. Robotnik's eyes narrowed to slits in fury.

"No, it is not a ferret, you imbecile! It's Metal Sonic!"

"Oh, okay. Who is he again?"

Shadow snorted behind the two of them as he ripped some more duct tape off with his teeth and attempted to patch up more of the ruins that were Robotnik's drone. Robotnik felt his eternal flame crank up to three hundred and sixty degrees as he twirled around to face the little red echidna and clenched his teeth.