♡ chapter 4 ♡

♡ flawsome revelations ♡

"It looks like piss!" 

♡♡♡

Early the next morning, our favorite trio were flying down Siskiyou County Line, just on the border of California. Fueled on coffee, stale donuts, and lemon poppyseed muffins, they were ready to seize the day (mostly). Tom once again sat behind the steering wheel with Sonic sitting shotgun (though there was barely any point since he turned around to face Y/n so often) and Y/n situated in the middle of the backseat.

And still... no seat belts. Because who needs seat belts when you're flying down a county line going sixty miles per hour? Not these people, I tell you.

"So, what's on your guys' bucket lists?" Sonic asked out of curiosity.
"Me?" Y/n asked, and Sonic nodded excitedly.

"Yeah, everyone has a bucket list, right?" Tom nodded as a verification, but still tilted his head to the side in thought, taking his eyes off the road for a moment to look at the blue hedgehog.

"Well, yeah, but I mean, you're the one leaving earth. Y/n and I don't plan on dying anytime soon." Sonic chuckled mischievously next to him.

"Oh, don't be so sure! Your best friend is a magnet for danger," Sonic taunted smugly. Y/n chuckled softly from the backseat. Her father, however, wasn't quite that amused.

"Oh, so you're anointing yourself as the bestie?" Sonic hummed in response. "A little presumptuous, but..." Sonic and Y/n both furrowed their brows in confusion, staring at Tom as he refocused on the road before him. "Look, I like you, but we're not best friends. And frankly, I don't think you and Y/n are best friend material either."

	"Wait, what?" Y/n scoffed, leaning in on the console and staring daggers at her father

"Wait, what?" Y/n scoffed, leaning in on the console and staring daggers at her father. "I think I have the right to say who is and isn't my friend, and I already claimed Sonic as my best friend so-"

"Your loss," Sonic finished for her. The two smiled smugly at one another and exchanged a proud high five. Tom chuckled at the defeat, but was secretly just glad that his daughter finally found someone other than her parents to be her friend. Sure, she had spent time with Crazy Carl and was able to hold decently long conversations with others, but other people her age were just... a little judgemental. Even though Sonic may be a chaotic, energetic, potentially dangerous hedgehog, at least he gave Y/n someone to confide in.