♡ chapter 14 ♡

♡ flawsome surges ♡

"Lightning boomed across the sky."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

This was it. This was the day.

He was finally going to get off of this horrible, HORRIBLE planet! Of course, he had to bring Knuckles with him, but as soon as he figured out a game plan and could finally get his hands on every material he needed, the insufferable stupidity wouldn't matter as much. They had finally managed to generate enough power to make it back to Green Hills, the last place where he had seen those two little wretches. And yes, it was very probable that they had fled the scene since they would have at least been smart enough to know that people would come looking for them.

But that's exactly what they want you to think, now isn't it?

From Robotnik's common sense, he figured that the two hedgehogs were most likely still living with that idiot cop and his side piece. It was only the most logical option given their bond. It still boggled Robotnik's mind to wonder why such a smart cop would give up his life for those two aliens. It didn't even matter if Y/n had once been a human, she was still a hedgehog. A peculiar, alien hedgehog with no business disgracing the earth with her presence. As soon as he found her, he was going to make sure that she never bothered another human being on this planet again. And as for Sonic? Well, add in a little more torture and then he would be good to go!

As soon as the trio passed through Shadow's golden ring, they were greeted with the

crisp night air of Green Hills. Robotnik finally let out a sigh of relief as he glanced over the familiar buildings of the downtown area. Shadow and Knuckles both widened their eyes from the backseats as they pressed their faces against the windows, looking down at all of the strange creatures walking around with hardly any body hair.

It seemed that the only inch of Robotnik without hair was his head.

Robotnik did his best to keep the drone under his control as they flew quietly above the town, but the way that it sputtered and rocked on its own proved that it would never be as gravity-defying as it once was. As they passed by one of the old diners that had been getting some recent renovations, the drone began to whine abnormally.

"Um, Doctor, should we worry about that?" Shadow asked, his ears twitching as the whining nearly broke his eardrums. Robotnik, always putting his ego first, simply chuckled darkly from his position behind the throttle.

"Don't be stupid, Shadow. Everything is fine."

Unfortunately, everything was NOT fine. As the whining became increasingly louder, a patch of duct tape that had been holding one of the engines together split at the seams from the pressure. With the lack of support, a vital piece of machinery as well as the cover for it went flying off of the drone, free falling through the air until it crashed onto the pavement. Some late night bingoers who were heading home stopped and stared at it seemingly came falling out of the sky.