♡ chapter 16 ♡

WARNING: this chapter contains some very minor sexual assault/harrassment. Keep in mind that Shadow is portrayed as a yandere in this, so if you can't handle it please skip. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. Enjoy!

♡ flawsome poison ♡

"You'll learn to love me."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Knuckles was a very troubled echidna.

	He had never been the sharpest tool in the box, which he openly admitted to

He had never been the sharpest tool in the box, which he openly admitted to. But he was more than just a dimwitted echidna, like most people saw him. He was the last of his kind, and there had been a reason why he was deemed guardian of the Master Emerald. There had to be at least a sliver of intelligence within him. Perhaps that was why he was having such strange doubts about this whole plan to begin with.

True, he had only met the Bonnie and Clyde hedgehogs once. And they ended up attacking, but he and Shadow were indeed the ones who fired first. He highly doubted that they would have done anything bad to them had they not tempted them with an idea of a fight. Knuckles rubbed his bleary eyes. He hadn't been getting much sleep lately. Robotnik had been keeping him awake all hours of the night, running errands for him and using him as an assistant to perform dangerous tasks that the boss alone dared not to attempt. He was still aching from the electrocution he went through trying to hotwire the drone.

Knuckles shook his head, glancing past his sleeping boss at his partner. Shadow hadn't slept much either. He had begun asking questions about the girl, what was her name? Y/n? Bonnie? And her relationship to the boy hedgehog, Sonic. If Knuckles had half a brain, he would have guessed that Shadow had fallen for the girl. But that was insane. You couldn't fall for the enemy. Even if Knuckles wasn't quite so sure about them being his true enemies. Robotnik seemed a thousand times worse than Sonic and Y/n could ever be. But he wasn't 100% sure.

He watched quietly as Shadow slipped something into his bag and slung it over his shoulder. Where was he going? He barely even got to wonder before Shadow had melted into the darkness of the forest.