♡ chapter 20 ♡

♡ flawsome zebras and lions ♡

"Would her death mean anything?"

♡♡♡

Keep walking.

Just keep walking. Don't you dare turn around.

It felt like walking through knives as Y/n left her boyfriend and the friends she loves with all of her heart behind. Like a scalpel was carving each letter of Sonic's name onto her heart so that she would forever be reminded of the pain that she had just put him through. But it was for his own good, right? She had to do this. She had no other choice...

Right?

By the time that Y/n finally made it back to Robotnik's makeshift campsite, it was completely empty except for none other than Shadow the Hedgehog sitting on a lawn chair and sipping a pint of some liquid substance. She froze in her place, glancing around at the surroundings in confusion as she recalled where his drone and Metal Sonic used to be. Had he given up and gone somewhere else without her? But she had made a deal with him to give herself up. Wouldn't he at least wait for her to come back so he could take her with whatever personal hell he had in store for her? He had wanted her alive, and from her racing heart, she was pretty certain that she still was. So where was Robotnik?

"Ah! Y/n, baby!" Shadow instantly got up the second his ruby orbs caught sight of her trembling figure, completely ignoring the fact that she looked like she was going to burst into tears again at any given second. She began to shake even harder as he came closer to her, eyes widening in horror as flashbacks of her time spent alone with him went racing through her mind. Him pressing her against the tree, the lust in his eyes, the fear and horror she felt... She wanted to run. She wanted to run as far away from him as possible and jump into the warm arms of Sonic once again. She wanted to run to her home.

She wanted to go home.

But... she gave up her home now. She gave it up to protect it. And this was her consequence. She was dealing with this so that her home and her friends wouldn't have to. Swallowing her fears, Y/n did her best to calm her shaking gloved hands and dared herself to speak. If anyone knew where the giant mustached man went, it was this hedgehog.

"S-Shadow," she cursed her stutter, inching away as he came to a stop in front of her. Never before had she been so afraid of someone in her life. "W-where is R-Robotnik?"

Shadow grinned maliciously.

If she hadn't known any better, she could have sworn she saw bloodlust flash before his irises as he stared hungrily down at her, like she was a little zebra fresh for a lion to prey on. She shivered under his gaze, but forced herself to stay put and stand her ground. Shadow slowly slithered his arm around her waist, ignoring how her breath caught in her throat and she began hyperventilating at his touch, and pulled her into his side.