♡ chapter 7 ♡

♡ flawsome feelings ♡

"She was his, but he wasn't hers..."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Sonic was slowly walking up the stairs due to the aching feeling in his legs from the explosion when he heard a glass-shattering scream. The worst part? It sounded like it came from Y/n. He was instantly put into action, rushing up the rest of the stairs like his own life depended on it, slamming into the room. His green eyes glanced around the room in fear, searching for the girl of his dreams but... she wasn't there.

Instead, an ice blue hedgehog stood in the middle of the room.

It was a girl, obviously from her softly shaped quills and exaggerated eyelashes. Confusion overwhelmed his recovering brain, trying to understand what exactly he was seeing. His guard instantly turned on, as he slowly began to put his fists up in defense.

"W-who are you and what have you done with Y/n?" He didn't mean to growl as deeply as he did, but his emotions were all over the place at the moment.

The girl hedgehog's eyes widened the instant she saw him, slowly putting her gloved hands up in the air in surrender. For some reason, tears began to pool in her eyes as she took in his form, looking him up and down. Was this real? Was he really standing before her?

"Sonic, it's me! It's Y/n."

"Y/n?" Sonic slowly shook his head. "No, that's impossible..."

The ice blue hedgehog turned to the open box and it was only then that Sonic noticed Y/n's vial was empty. Wait... did she... drink it? No, she couldn't have.

...could she?

Y/n plucked the yellow vial out of the box and gingerly held it out towards him, sincerity written clearly in her eyes. "Take it, Sonic. Please."

He rapidly shook his head, eyes going wider than Maddie's fine china plates. "Hell no! I'm not drinking piss! I don't even know what it is!"

"It'll help you remember," Y/n blurted. "Please, Sonic."

Sonic's expression softened as he realized that there were no traces of lies surrounding her. Was this hedgehog before him really Y/n? Was this what drinking that vial had done to her? She was never truly a human? As these thoughts scattered around in his brain at a million miles an hour, he looked deep into the creature's eyes. Those e/c irises... they were so familiar. And then it hit him.

They were Y/n's eyes.

His brain practically exploded at that moment, his knees growing weak. She was a hedgehog. Had she always been a hedgehog? That vial was still sticking in the palm of her hand, daring him to drink it. And even though the liquid that sloshed about the tiny case looked like urine, if drinking Y/n's vial had turned her into his kind, then what did he have to lose?