Chapter 53

"Okay, so... We're leaving," my father announced awkwardly.

I stood up, going to inspect his outfit. "Wow, Dad!" I grinned, impressed. "Must be some party!"

Keith blushed, tugging on the collar of his new shirt in embarrassment. I looked past him to see Dane running a hand through his hair, ensuring that it stayed in the style he'd chosen.

"You guys are definitely going to own that party."

Dane grinned at me and winked, then said, "Let's go, Dad."

Keith turned away, then his eyes flickered to Warren, who still sat behind me. "Be good."

I blushed crimson.

I didn't turn back to Warren until the front door closed. When I did, I found him lounging back in the chair, watching me lazily. A slow, arrogant smirk stole over his face as he held one hand out to me. I went and took his hand, sitting on his lap without a thought, and his arms settled on my waist.

For a moment - okay, three and a half moments - I sat mesmerized by his burning emerald gaze. He leaned closer as I sat spellbound, and then he took a deep breath. "It appears I have you to myself now."

A delicious, dangerous shiver ran down my back at his tone. It took me a minute to find my voice. "What are we doing tonight?"

His grin was lazy. "Well, I am quite eager to take care of you..."

I grinned back, deciding to call his bluff. "And how do you plan on doing that?"

"To start off, I thought you'd enjoy a ride."

I blushed and pulled back, gasping, "Warren!"

What was he saying? I mean, hadn't he said no, said we...we couldn't... I blushed deeper just thinking about his suggestion.

"Come now, love," he smirked, true mischief dancing in his eyes. "You must have realised my intentions the moment I arrived." He leaned closer to me again, holding me as I struggled in his lap, and whispered huskily, "It is the sole reason I arrived as early as I did."

"Warren, please," I whimpered, turning my head to put even that slight distance between us. "Stop!"

His breath was on my neck now, making me whimper. "But love, I have anticipated this for too long." His lips touched my neck, and he flicked his tongue over the heated skin, making my blood boil. "Surely you will not deny me this opportunity? After all, I seek your pleasure." His voice dropped to an even lower murmur. "Let me pleasure you."

"I... I'm not ready," I whispered, beyond mortified. It had been one thing to talk about it in a distant, dark hotel room as a general concept, and quite another to be here, alone with Warren all night, while he seemed intent on seducing me...

"Oh?" He nuzzled my neck, breathing me in. "Do you desire to change? Shall I keep the engine idling for you?"

"Warren!" I gasped, turning back to him in shock.

His eyes were only half open as he looked up at me, then he gave a half smile. "Do you wish to handle it all on your own, then?"

I was still trying to come up with a retort when he sighed and sat back. He suddenly held up car keys level with my face. "Very well. You do it."

I stared at the keys, then blinked. I blinked again. "Um, Warren...when you say a ride..."

I didn't turn to look at him, but I still felt his devilish smirk. "I understand that you are eager to test your car, of course."

My car. The car he brought home today, after weeks of hiding it in his garage. The reason why he came here early today... My cheeks burned and I closed my eyes. This was beyond mortification.