Car travel, let me know you better

"We're going to be there in twenty minutes, soooooo, tell me about yourself." You said enthusiastically but it became a feeling of guilt. "I'm sorry!, you don't have memories. Stupid (Y/N)!, think before speaking!."

While you were ruffling your hair in shame, Loki took the book you had in your hand before he bumped into you and started to turn the pages with interest. He felt a strange bond with literature and glance at you.

"Do you like literature, miss (Y/N)?." Loki asked, making you stare at him and smile.

"Yes!, is my favorite hobby. Nothing better than a good book, oh!, and I studied mythology literature." You responded. "That book is about mystical creatures, if you are interested in mystery and fantasy, you're gonna love it."

Loki start to read one of the pages of the book and, while he was doing that, you started to examined his appearance. He was wearing a black suit with golden and green details, in each arm he had an armor that covered his semi arm up to the back of his hands and a pair of black boots that reach up to his knees. It was a rather unusual outfit for walking in the streets like a normal citizen.

'Is he an actor?, but why the Avengers would go after an actor?. I can't ask him because he lost his memory and his condition can become worse if I press the subject...'

"Pardon me for asking but, where are we going?." Loki's voice break your thoughts and it make you squeeze the car handle a little bit.

You gazed at him from the corner of your eye, not taking your eyes off of the road. "My apologies for not telling you sooner. My mother and I live outside of the city, we're surrounded by nature."

Loki's eyes reflected amazement, he closed the book and placed on his lap to pay attention to what you are saying.

"I can imagine the beauty of the place." Loki said. "What do you work as, miss (Y/N)?."

"When I ended my studies, I started working in a library. The same library where I borrow books like that one." You responded, pointing at the book on Loki's lap. "In the morning I help with the clients and in the afternoon I read fairy tales to the children until the shop closes."

Loki was fascinated with how you managed your job. "It most be fun working around so many books but it most be hard for you to work all day too."

You let out a dry laugh and glared at him for a moment.

"I'm the only one who can help my mother." You muttered. "My father abandoned us when I was a kid and my brother is a military commander. So, I'm the one who works to bring money to the house while mom takes care of the farm and the animals that live there."

The atmosphere of the car turned a little uncomfortable and Loki could see the sadness in your eyes. He felt bad for reminding you such memories that he lower his gaze, regretting his words.

"Hey, don't worry. Everything is okay Loki, you didn't ask anything bad." He raised his gaze to see your smiling face and felt his cheeks blush.

When Loki looked at the road, he saw a wooden house of two floors at the right and you turned to enter the property.

"We're here. Welcome to the (L/N) farm/residence." You beamed while parking the car in front of the house.

You both got out of the car, Loki stretched his arms and took a deep breath of air that the nature of place produced. The house has a terrace in the first floor in front of the door, a yard quite spacious and you could see animal pens where Loki was standing. There were cows, sheeps, goats, pigs and horses. Loki was going to continue observing the habitat but he heard your voice from the stairs that the terrace of the house has.

"Come on, Loki!. You need a change of clothes!." He looked at his surroundings once more before coming close to you. "Question, is that a outfit of yours?."

"It seems does strange people putted me this weird clothes." Loki responded, holding the cape of the suit.

Before you could respond...

"PLEASE STOP THAT HORSE!!."