Distant voices

"(Y/N)!."

The face of the girl changed to one of annoyance when she heard the shaky voice of her brother and closed her book as she turn to him.

"Don't tell me, you hurt yourself using dad's knife again." The four year old girl said, (Y/N), in a bored tone and annoyed at the same time.

"You won't tell mom and dad, right?." He asked as the tears escaped from his (E/C) eyes.

(Y/N) shook her head. "Of course not!." She said, pointing the bed. "Sit down, so I can heal you, Arthur."

He sat on the bed as his sister looked for the first aid kit and then, she joined him on the bed. She took out some bandages and the alcohol to attend the wound. She applied the alcohol in the injury, making him moan in pain and stared at (Y/N) as she tied the bandages around his hand. When she finished, he observed his hand and smiled at (Y/N).

"Better?." (Y/N) asked with a small smile and Arthur hugged her.

"Thanks, (Y/N!. You're the best!." He exclaimed. "I love you!."

"I love you too, brother." The girl answered, smiling.

....

...

..

.

While you were washing the dishes, you remembered when your older brother got hurt or when he simply needed your support. It made you smile. Because you were swallowed by your thoughts, you didn't noticed when (M/N) stopped by your side.

"(Y/N)?." You turned to look at her. "Everything it's going to be alright, maybe, this is for the best."

"Yeah, like Thor said, it isn't books but at least is a job." You said under your breath.

(M/N) putted a string of hair behind your ear. "Laxy would take good care of you until you find a job that you really like."

You turn off the water and dried your hands with one of the kitchen towels while your mom gave you a teasing smirk.

"So, you and Loki~."

Your shoulders tensed up. "What things you say?, mom, we're just friends. He's part of the family now, he helps us with the farm, he's kind and..." You couldn't finish that sentence.

(M/N) saw your pink face and how you looked away shyly. She knows what you were hiding, afterall, mothers never miss a thing.

"You're in love with him." She said with confidence and you looked away. "You have to tell him!."

You were about to respond but heard a strong noise outside. You walked to the door to see what happened, when you went outside, you saw Loki patting Eiji's head from the terrace and you walked over to them.

"What happened?!." You asked a little agitated, (M/N) went outside too.

"Eiji crashed onto the wall." Loki said. "I will take him to the stables."

"I'll accompany you." You looked at your mom. "We talk later, okay?."

She nodded and you went with Loki to take Eiji to the stables. When she saw the both of you were far, a smile adorned her face and entered the house.

~~~~

After taking Eiji to his stable, you and Loki went to his room to read books. You were sitting on the floor reading while Loki was sitting on the windowsill doing the same. You took your cup but it was empty and then, you had an idea. While you make more tea, you could talk with this supposed friend of yours. You stood up and took the empty cups.