Justin and Jake

Justin's POV

"Well. Well. Well. Look who came back" were the first words he said to me. 

Jake quickly turned to Gretel. "Gretel. Out. Now"

"But Daddy..." Gretel whined but seeing the look on her dad's face, she ran out. I heard the slam of the front door close and I could see Kate and Gretel leaving the house from where I was standing.

"So. Why did you come back huh?" Jake said walking over to the sofa and propping his feet up on the coffee table. 

That was definitely not the reaction I was expecting.

"Um... My friends. They-"

"I know all about your stupid friends! I don't need to know anymore about them!" Jake spat, glaring at me. 

"You were the one that asked me why I came back!" I said matter-of-factly. My nerves had somehow been replaced with confidence. 

"What did you just say you little piece of-"

"ALL AROUND THE WORLD. PEOPLE WANT TO BE LOVED!" I sung drowning out his swear word. Probably plural now.

"CUZ ALL AROUND THE WORLD. THEY'RE NO DIFFERENT THAN US!!" I shouted.

"SHUT UP!!!"

Before I knew it, I was pinned against the wall by a furious looking Jake. I trembled. This looked more like the Jake I knew. 

"I SAID SHUT UP!" he threw me across the room where I hit the arm of the sofa with a smack. I whimpered in pain. Yep. The Jake I knew. The Jake who threw people like they were javelins and shouted at them even though they hadn't said anything.

"Look here you little brat. I don't care how famous you are or how many girls you have that worship you. All I care is that you can stay if you will do as I say or you will leave with multiple bruises, broken bones and voices in your head. Choose. Now" Jake spat at me making me flinch.

"I- I- I'll stay" I whispered. I had nowhere else to go and my friends didn't even want to talk or see me anyway. I was better off here... or not.

"I didn't hear you! Louder!" Jake screamed.

"I'M LEAVING!" I shouted. Wait. What? I was leaving? Where did that come from?

"You..." at the same time I said "Wait. What I mean was-"

My eyes widened before I was picked up and thrown across the room by a screaming Jake. 

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT YOU ARE LEAVING. YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE THIS PLACE. NOONE WANTS YOU OR CARES FOR YOU. THEY JUST LIKE YOUR LOOKS AND THE FACT THAT YOU CAN SING. WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? I DON'T CARE. YOU ARE GOING TO DO AS I SAY AND DO IT WELL OR ELSE I'LL KILL YOU!!" 

With that, he flung me down one last time and stomped off upstairs. I cringed when I heard the door slam before silence.

I just lay on the floor aching all over and unable to get up from the pain. I was tired, hungry and badly in need of rest. I was about to close my eyes and sleep when I heard the front door open.

"Justin? JUSTIN?! What happened?!" Kate cried running across the room to where I lay.

"Nothing." I muttered painfully getting up

"Nothing?! Jake did this to you am I right?" 

I slowly nodded feeling pain in that action as well.

"I told him..." Kate growled before going up leaving me to sit there feeling bewildered. Kate had just been nice to me. She had actually cared for what I was feeling like. Wow. Maybe Kate really wasn't so bad after all.