Chapter 17: Childhood Bestfriend.

(pic above is Kahlani)
February 15th 2017

HANNAH: Me and Eli are settled in now, the girls are pains in my ass of course but at least I don't have to go through the awkwardness of sleeping in the same bed as the one girl I can picture having children with. I woke up this morning to a dining table full of different breakfast selections... I haven't had so many food options in a long time. i'm about to hop in the shower as soon as Rein finishes brushing her teeth. it's weird showering in someone else's house for me... it always has been and I have no clue why. "hey, Hannah?" my aunt calls out to me as she whips her frizzy blonde hair into a bun. "yes?" I ask, "I'm sorry about leaving Auntie Jaylah to you and Eli honey, truly I didn't mean to put that chip on your shoulder." She says framing my face with her hands. "its okay, she's dead now so the chip is gone." I say with a frown. "you're such a good girl... you don't deserve to be treated the way your friend treated you." She said stroking my hair, the word "friend" rang in my ear for a hot second... Aryn was so much more than a friend. A tear manages to escape from my left eye, "oh she's not worth crying over babygirl." My auntie soothes. "You don't understand." I say sniffling. "you're right. I don't. but I know someone who will" she says with a smile as a familiar girl emerges from behind. "KAHL?!" I shout as my childhood bestfriend jumps into my arms. I squeeze her tight and put my hands on her upper back. she pulls away from the hug, "long time no see lemmy!" she says, I giggle at my childhood nickname. Lemmy is short for lemon... because I was a SOUR little girl. "Too long." I say as I grab her wrist. she pulls me back into a tight hug, I can't help but bury my face in her shoulder. her hair smells like honey with a hint of rose... just like the last time I saw her, four years ago...