Chapter 33: Beauty.

(Belleza above)
February 28th 2017
HANNAH: me and Aryn cuddle on the hospital bed while we wait for Dr. Flores to come with the prescription and the form for me to fill out. Aryn runs her hand through my hair and i let out a content sigh. Everything is going great. I'm getting out and can go home, these casts should be coming off in a few weeks, Aryn is going to stay with me and my family while her dad figures out what to do about her mom, even though i'll be strictly on bed rest i can tell Aryn is going to make it worth while. I intertwine our hands as Aryn lets out an adorable little giggle. "What?" I giggle back, that girls laugh is contagious. "Nothing, just thinking" she says in a low whisper. "So you just laugh at nothing?" I say as she lets out a big sigh. "Just thinking about that one Christmas with my mom. It was just me, her and my dad. She was pregnant with Aubri but i was still an only child basically. She went to put an ordament on the tree and ended up falling off the stool and straight onto my dad. As they were trying to get up they knocked over the Christmas tree as well. All they did was laugh it off and kiss... they had such a pure relationship... i can't believe i ruined that" she says looking down. My face drops, she didnt do anything she shouldn't even think that. "Come here" i say as i wrap my arms around her neck. She places a sweet kiss on my lips and then parts. As we disconnect our lips i put my forehead on hers. "You didnt do anything Aryn. It's just small minded people and small minded opinions. It's not your fault. And if she can't see that you are still the amazing girl she raised... then maybe she was never fit to be a mother." I whisper. I see a tear fall down Aryns cheek so I quickly wipe it away. "No crying baby! I'm going home today" i say with a smile as i intertwine our fingers. She laughs softly and gives me a loving smile. "I can't wait to wake up next to you every morning." She whispers. The suddenness sends a fit of butterflies into my stomach. I kiss her with as much passion as i have in me. She props her leg over my waist which sends a different type of butterflies all around my insides. She pecks my lips one last time before parting and laying her head on my chest. We fall asleep like this.

but not for long because next thing you know Flores comes barging in. "Helloooooo girls! I hope you got a good sleep last night because its going to be pretty hard to adjust to your bed now." She says in her usual peppy voice. I squeal and wake up Aryn who wasnt bothered by the barging in. "You gotta get up now babe. They need to disconnect the wires and shit." I whisper in her ear before placing a light kiss on her cheek. She jumps off the bed with a big smile on her face. "Okay lets get you outta here!" Flores exclaims before disconnecting all the wires. With each IV she takes out i get little shocks of pain but its nothing i cant handle. I guess Aryn can tell i'm in pain because she grabs my hand and tells me to squeeze when it hurts. I squeeze tight and surprisingly Aryn doesnt even flinch. She just looks in my eyes with an absolutely beautiful smile. She kisses my forehead and then just as she gets to my lips Eli and my aunt Elise come toppling in. "Sorry we're late! The kids were fussing about going to daycare" aunt Elise practicality yells. "That's okay. We're just finishing up here i just need both you and Hannas signature for the form since you are her legal guardian now." Just as Flores hands aunt Elise the form another familiar face comes barging in. "Ai mi amor" My auntie Maria calls out as she pulls me into a hug. I havent seen her for years, she's one of the aunts on my dads side that i can never see because she's always back in Columbia with the spanish part of my family. That's something i failed to bring up, i'm half spanish. Aunt Maria speaks zero english so i have to go to the back of my mind to remember my spanish that i havent used in years. Usually my dad would translate for me since he was always better at this stuff, but obviously he isn't an option right now. "Tia Maria que haces aqui?" (Translation : auntie Maria, what are you doing here?) I manage to say. "Vine tan pronto como escuche. Estas bien mama?" (Trans: i came as soon as i heard, are you okay mama?) She says so smoothly. Spanish is a beautiful language, i'm lucky to have a part of it in me. I smile at my old name, everyone used to call me mama back in Columbia. They also called me by my middle name instead of my first name becuase it was more spanish, "Arena" if you know some spanish then you are probably confused. "Arena" in spanish means sand in english. They would sometimes just call me "Ari" but my mom and dad always gave them shit for it. The meaning behind this name is supposed to be that my mom and dad met on a beach and i was conceived on the sand.... it's pretty discusting when you think about it. But the way that my spanish relatives say it is beautiful. When i got to florida I immediately wanted to be called Arena but my mom started talking about racists and how i need a white people name other wise i would get made fun of. Her half big brother Marco died when she was 10 becuase of some racists who jumped him outside of a corner store. He didn't do shit to them, it was all just because of the color of his skin. After that my mom was always causious about standing out and she ended up having to be homeschooled because she would have panic attacks whenever someone even looked at her. Her illness got worse and soon enough she had me and practically shunned me and Eli from the white side of my family and made me move to columbia with my dad and her. You're probably wondering how i ended up back in florida, well after a while of me being in columbia my dad decided to start drinking and soon enough i was 12 and he became violent and my mom had to pack our bags and bring me back to florida for both mine and her safety. She left Eli behind because apparently with him being a boy he would be more likely for the racists to get at. Of course my dad didn't really give two shits about him and he eventually ended up in foster care after he ended up in the ER from a big fight with my dad about money for alcohol. It's a tragic story but now both of my parents are dead and i'm free to live my life. My aunt Maria being here makes me feel like i'm reliving all of these moments one by one. I squeeze Aryns hand and she looks at me questionably since all the IVs were out now. Aunt Maria and Eli are catching up in the corner while i start hyperventilating. I can't help but notice how good Eli is with his spanish, i mean i guess he did grow up there so it would make since. I focus my attention on Aryn as she announces that she is taking me to the coffee shop downstairs for a bit and takes my hand. I gladly follow her out as my auntie Elise and Maria start glaring at each other. Since my aunt Elise barely got to see me and Eli in our young years she is still pissed at my dads side of the family because she thinks its their fault. "The tension is crazy in there" Aryn whispers as we walk to the elevator. I can't say anything so i just nod and focus on my breathing.