»Namjoon- On Exhibit

Wolf! Namjoon Hybrid AU
This is just an idea I randomly had to try something new and I know some hybrid AUs can be a little strange so if this genre isn't your thing then that's fine~
Warning: possessive behaviours

After a particularly rainy summer finally a sunny day graced the skies. Unfortunately your mood was still down, after a hard breakup just two months earlier you still couldn't get over how brutally you were dropped by Jung Hoseok.

You should've known earlier but you wanted to give him a chance. Unfortunately your summer is now full of tears and grey skies.

Luckily though your best friend Taehyung was going to put an end to it with a trip to the zoo.

"Get up!" His overly happy tone blasted through your phone. You looked over at your alarm, "It's only 9 you fool!" You groaned not liking to be woken up. "Wow you think I care?" Taehyung scoffed. "I'll be there in 20 and you better be ready!" And before you could reply he already hung up.

"Ughh" you groaned throwing yourself off your bed and to the washroom. After freshening up you were pulling your hair into a messy bun and changing into a comfy outfit fit for the warm weather. Then with some light makeup you were ready for the day.

Basking in the sunlight for a moment you felt yourself smile again after so long as it filtered through the open window.

Then there was a knock on the door. Softly smiling you went to open the door revealing your smiley bestie . "Y/N!" He beamed as he pulled you close to him. Really it had only been about a week since his last attempt of cheering you up but of course to your clingy friend it didn't matter.

He then took your hand. "Let's go I heard they even found hybrids!"

"Oh Y/N look! the baby lambs are so cute!" Tae squealed as he went to pet one. To be honest they were really cute and you couldn't help but thread your fingers through their freshly brushed wool.

Soon enough you were walking to the next exhibit when Taehyung ran into his other friend Jimin, you didn't know him very well but he was admittedly as handsome and charming as Tae himself.

"Y/N go on to the wolf exhibit, I'll be right there" Taehyung waved you off. You nodded and walked towards the lone wolf beyond the surprisingly short fencing area. Although you noticed a good chunk seemed to be in need of repair as a small hole caught your eye.

The interesting thing about this wolf however was that this was known as a hybrid. They were a rare species of humans mixed with the DNA of animals, the government had kept them a secret until they were found and set free because they were still humans but unfortunately lost many of their other rights. You almost felt disgusted with yourself just for gaping at the poor thing on display for people like an object.

You frowned as a group of annoying tweens suddenly pushed themselves in front of you blocking your view of the amazing species. You huffed and decided to climb on top of the rock to get a better view. Then you saw him and your breath was taken away, he was beautiful. His grey and black fur shone in the sunlight but his eyes were sad as he stayed in the shade but then his eyes looked up and changed drastically.

They were trained on you and only you, they grew hard and full of possession?. You didn't even realize you were leaning in until it was too late and with a 'oof' fell onto the dirt within the exhibit emitting gasps and screams from the observers. The wolf immediately took his chance and raced to you.

You covered yourself hoping he wasn't about to brutally mull you. Instead he let out a growl and lifted you up and into ran his makeshift cave carved from stone. You were in a daze, the screams of help from the others in the background but all you could do was lay limp in the predators arms.

As soon as he put you down you curled yourself into a ball and whimpered in fear "please don't h-hurt me" you pleaded meekly. He said nothing but rather sniffed you and smiled gently. "Mate.." he seemed to mumble out as he brushed his head against your knee. You were still slightly shaking.

"W-what?" You asked with a sniffle. His breathing was rapidly calming down before he spoke again: "I'm sorry... my wolf is convinced you're our mate" his rather attractive voice said, it was almost like he was embarrassed. "I truly apologize but I can't let you go" he said after a moment of awkward silence.

"I-it's kind of hard to explain but basically my wolf side is tied to someone and if they reject me... I'll... well..." by the end of his explanation his voice was a whisper.

You continued to keep a guard up, the situation was as confusing as overwhelming but damnit your kind heart felt bad for him. "You'll d-die?" Your voice came out with a crack.

In the dim light you saw him nod. "That's why I lost control and took you... honestly you should just let me die, it would be much better than being an object that people stare at every day, I didn't ask to be like this!" He slowly grew angrier with every word. "I just can't take it anymore!"

You bit back a whimper, and hid your face with your hands. You heard him huff a few times and apologize yet again before just sitting limp with his head down.

"Is there anything I can do?" You whispered after a while, you watched his shaking form as he cried silently.

After not receiving an answer you slowly crawled towards him and with a shaky hand placed it on his shoulder. "It's gonna be oka-"

"Kim Namjoon step away from her now!" A booming voice interrupted. A bright light shined on your face from the flashlight in the zoo keepers hand, beside him were two other buff men holding some type of tranquilizers.

"No stop it's okay he hasn't hurt me!" You quickly defended him putting a hand up to the men. Although they didn't seem to listen "Miss it's gonna be okay just back away slowly" The main keeper explained while still in a threatening stance.

When you didn't move he seemingly got annoyed. "Okay I guess I'll help you then" his hard tone spoke and grabbed your arm. "Let's get you out of here".

"Y/N?!" A voice yelled from outside. Taehyung thank god. Then he too entered the cave making Namjoon growl and stand up abruptly, he didn't like all the other males around you. "See he's becoming aggressive, it seems you know her please take her out immediately". He harshly shoved you towards Taehyung.

"No!" You yelled as one of them readied to subdue Namjoon. "H-he said I was his mate" and with that everyone stopped.

The main keeper turned to him, "is this true?". Namjoon eyes were focused on Taehyungs arm around you when he growled a 'yes'.

The keeper sighed "Well Miss, then it seems you're gonna be leaving with a new pet today".

A/N
K I don't really know what this was but meh it's something. Anyways Life really sucks right now for many reasons, In fact I was supposed to see BTS for the first time in May and now I don't know if that's happening anymore :') I'm really trying to be positive in these tough times but it's difficult. But I also know we'll get through this, so please stay safe everyone ❤️