» Namjoon - On Exhibit

(Part Two)

You hesitantly accepted the frayed end of the rope but held it loosely in your hands. It was a 'makeshift leash' according to the zoo staff who had been adamant that no animal be left to roam free on this property with ZERO exceptions.     Even after your trying argument that Namjoon was in fact not an animal. In your eyes you saw him as your equal and nothing less, regardless of what was placed in his DNA. You looked to Taehyung baffled at their imprudence towards the hybrid.

He gave you a tight lipped smile, his eyes showing the same disgust as you. In fact the last hour had been very awkward, as circumstances such as this was a rare occurrence, therefore multiple questions were thrown at you about your income level and previous knowledge of hybrids even queries as personal as your weight and sexuality which Taehyung had to step in and defend you from. You still had no clue about why they would need that information. But Namjoon had been silent since you all left the enclosure. Only speaking when spoken to but it wasn't as if he got much say in the whole ordeal anyways. Currently his head hung in embarrassment with his very public dehumanization in which the rope leash signified.

"Last thing miss Y/N" the head keeper said as he pulled out a single sheet of paper.

"Think of this as his... adoption certificate" he said, eyes narrowing at Namjoons form in the corner. You took the paper and swiftly left the room, Taehyung right by your side. You were so caught up in your own thoughts that you forgot about your grip on the rope that had Namjoon being pulled behind you. He huffed, his wolf like instincts not liking the way he was being treated as the more submissive party; especially to a female as males were typically the natural born leaders. He grabbed the rope connected to his black leather choker and pulled you back without thinking, his feet planted and a cold state on his face.

You stopped and let go of the end, a sympathetic look in your eyes. "I'm sorry" you said with a sigh, "I don't really know where my mind is right now" you shrugged. The look on Namjoons face changed as he crossed his arms. "I understand, you were just doing what you had to" he gathered some of the length and held it so it wouldn't drag on the ground.

"I don't know how many times I have apologized to you now but I don't think it will ever be enough to make up for the inconvenience I must be causing you" he said in an contrited tone. You shook your head, a sympathetic smile on your face.

"You're not an inconvenience, a bit of a surprise I will admit but I believe everything happens for a reason and I'm glad I could get you out of here, you didn't belong here" you watched him bite back a smile but his eyes said it all and that was he thankful for your kind words.

The ride back home was silent but not uncomfortable, however as Taehyung dropped you off it took a good twenty minutes of convincing him that you would be okay alone with Namjoon. "Fine" he pouts crossing his arms, "but when I text you better answer or I'll think the pup swallowed you" you rolled your eyes playfully "Okay goodbye dad" you responded sarcastically throwing your arms around your best friend. He kissed your cheek before letting you go and FINALLY left.

Returning back to your apartment you saw Namjoon becoming aquatinted with his new surroundings. He picked up an overturned picture frame and you could hear a slight grumble coming from his chest. "Are you okay?" You asked watching as his grip tightened on the plastic frame "is this your boyfriend?" He asked but you could tell he didn't really want to know the answer. Your heart sank at the dusty photo of you and Hoseok, his arm around you as you put your face in his neck. You remembered the day he took it during a sunset picnic by the river. It was your favourite picture but when he cheated on you only months later, that was the first picture you took your anger out on, hence the broken frame. But for some reason you could never bare to actually let it go.

"Ex" you breathed out "Hoseok and I broke up nearly three months ago"

Namjoon visibly relaxed and nodded as he returned it to its resting place, face down of course.

"Are you hungry?" You asked after gathering your thoughts back together. Namjoon sheepishly nodded and then came the battle of what exactly to have for dinner that night, "I mean m-meat was always a personal preference" Namjoon says shyly as he ran a hand through his hair. Then it was decided that steak would be perfect tonight. You offered to take Namjoon with you to the butchers but he decided against it as he wanted to unpack+ he wasn't sure he would be able to control himself around all that fresh beef.

"Alright, I'll be right back then" you grinned and were about to walk out when Namjoon stopped you. "This may seem a little strange but... may I scent you first?" He asked. Unfortunately you were not all that knowledgeable about hybrids and ultimately gave him permission- whatever would make him feel more comfortable you were more then happy to comply with (as long as it was within reason).

So now he had you tilt your head to the side while he gently rubbed his head against you neck, he then stopped and sniffed and continued again until he was satisfied. "It's more of a security thing, if any other hybrids are around they'll know you have someone" he explained simply. You gave him a small smile before turning and leaving, making sure to lock the door behind you.

——

When you returned after making a little detour to get Namjoon some comfy lounge wear and an outfit for tomorrow. (so you could take him shopping for himself), you were pleasantly surprised to see Namjoon sitting comfortably on the couch, a thick book in his hands. Hearing the door close he looked up to you, "welcome back" he nodded to you before indulging in the book again. "I hope you don't mind, but I went through the book shelf and decided this one seemed intriguing" he said as his eyes remained trained on the pages.

"Of course not, I didn't even know you could read" you replied sitting on the other end of the sofa. He looked up and turned towards you. "I was raised in a lab and as a child taught things I would assume any normal child was. I was eighteen when I was passed around from various facilities and owners. As his voice became hard his eyes didn't follow but instead turned glassy. He shook his head blinking and returned to reading.

You shuffled over to the middle seat and placed a hand on his back "I'm sorry your beginning was tough but it doesn't define you, and I promise that from now on I'll make life worth living for you- make it up for all you missed out on" giving him a quick side hug you stood up to begin dinner.

Once it was finished you watched in hidden disgust as Namjoon chowed down on the practically raw steak. Low moans of bliss leaving his mouth. You held back a chuckle cutting off a piece of your own (which of course was cooked the way you liked it).

"So I was thinking" you began, hoping that he will hear you amidst his current pleasure face first into the beef. "If you make a list of anything you want to experience, I will do my best to make it happen" you watched as his chewing slowed and he looked at you with so much gratitude. But he insisted you didn't have to do that for him. But of course you did. He deserved to see what the world had to offer, how beautiful it can be and who knows what he could have become.... you were going to help him find the answer.

So later that night after you finished putting fresh and clean sheets on Namjoon's single bed (that obviously was going to need to be exchanged to fit his larger form more comfortably) you placed a journal and a pencil on the made bed and hoped he would use it. Once he was back from using the shower you bid him goodnight and took your time to go back to your own room where you contemplated just how fast your life changed in the span of less then a day. All of it over a hybrid you never met before- the situation seemed so surreal but perhaps he was what you needed, you just didn't know it yet.

A/N
I didn't say anything during festa but it was amazing (as expected) and bangbangcon was thoroughly enjoyable :')