» Seokjin- Power and Loneliness

Mafia boss! AU

Was this the life Seokjin wanted to live? Absolutely not.

Growing up and watching what terrible things his father had done to people was etched in his mind forever. From a young teen he knew this was absolutely not what he wanted to end up in for the rest of his life.

However,it was different once his father became sick, he was ordered to keep the 'family business' going. Although he opposed many times his father had warned him he'd be kicked out of the family. Nothing was worse than being a disappointment especially since he was the Kims only son.

And so, even with his hidden hatred he continued his fathers despicable acts as leader of Seoul's infamous mafia.

Because of this Seokjin liked to drown his sorrows at his favourite bar; Wings was always there when no one else was. Although he was thankful for his six close friends as he knew without them he'd he would've lost his sanity long ago.

Tonight was no different, while seated in his usual spot with the others beside him he let his eyes sweep the bar. The red ropes sectioned off their area  containing a large dark purple couch and tables, he had his four most trustworthy men standing on either side ensuring his safety in case any threats were to occur.

Seokjin sighed placing his now half drank vodka cranberry and sat back against the couch crossing his arms. He noticed a few of the boys already had women on their laps who were clearly looking for more than just friendly conversation.

Jin then looked once more but the moment he saw you his breath was momentarily taken. You looked so innocent but sad. Your hair in loose curls and your dress wrapped perfectly around your shape. Something truly drew him to you; as Cliché as it sounded.

He observed you for a few moments before frowning as a man approached you, this was a signal to bring you to him. He contemplated for a moment if he could work up the courage to go himself but he knew he couldn't.

He beckoned for one of his men and pointed at you across the bar. "Bring her to me but do NOT scare her off" he instructed, emphasizing the 'not'. He knew he was feared by so many and he didn't want the same with you.

He watched carefully as his guard approached you while getting in between you and the other man. It seemed only a few words were exchanged before he saw you nod hesitantly and then started getting up.

-•-

You were gently but in a firm grip  being guided to where Seokjin was seated. You bit your lip slightly as you looked at the six guys accompanying him. They all looked expensive as the best way to put it, Their suits looking worth more then your entire wardrobe. You were confused however, why would a powerful mafia boss be interested in you of all people.

The boss eyed you with no expression but you could see how hard it was for him to hide a small smile creep the corners of his mouth. "Sit" he said simply motioning to the spot beside him.

The guard let your arm go finally and you bit your lip anxiously as you sat as far as you could beside him trying to keep some sort of wall up for yourself. Then it was silent between you two for a few awkward minutes before he spoke again "although it is not my business, I noticed you looked a little sad tonight... is something wrong?" He asked side eyeing you.

Well that definitely was not the words you were expecting.

The truth was you were just a little down, in other words: lonely. After moving away from everyone you loved to start a career you loved that just happened to be across the country therefore you had to make sacrifices and that lead tonight. It's been only a couple weeks since you've been here but until you can make some close relationships it felt as if you were truly alone.

You wanted to tell the handsome stranger off but you were also highly intimated by the situation as a whole. You felt wondering eyes from the others burn into your back.

"Umm y-yea..." you tailed off "I'm kinda new to the city so.." you avoided eye contact with him as much as possible while swirling the drink in your hand.

-•-

Seokjin fought to keep a smile off his face at the information. This made it all the more likely that you had no idea who he was, which would benefit both him and you greatly. Although in this profession it was true that it was better to be feared than loved it did get lonely.

However, he'd never admit that to anyone especially since it could easily translate into a weakness his many enemies could hold against him if found out.

The fear of weakness caused him to grow a hard persona, he wasn't known for being soft to anyone. But strangely meeting you have evoked feelings within him he hadn't felt in a long time and it was rather strangely nice in a way to have a genuine feeling again.

He knew you were uncomfortable and cursed at himself for not knowing how to make it better. The only way he knew how to get rid of problems now was through violence. "Has it been pleasant so far?" He asked genuinely curios, you seemed so vulnerable to the eyes.

He watched as you nodded slowly "Yes but a little lonely, home is rather far" and those words struck his heart and for once he was thankful to be able to relate to someone on a personal level.

"I understand completely" he said under his breath. He watched your eyes grow curios "it seems you're the type to always be surrounded" you said subtly pointing for the many security around the area.

"Yes, isn't it amazing how one can still feel lonely huh?"

-•-

Whoever this stranger was, definitely had more to them then what meets the eyes. Perhaps this man was some hot new celebrity with a breakout role or perhaps a singer, maybe a CEO of an important business-

Your inner chatter was interrupted by a man urgently approached your group, "Sir we must leave now, enemy's are among us" he not so subtly whispered into the strangers ear. This made your heart sink and the grip on your glass tightened.

His gaze grew hard again and his eyes made a dangerous sweep across the room before landing on a individual just across the bar. Then suddenly everything went into chaos;

Within seconds the so called enemy was standing upon the table with a gun pointed right at the man beside you. "Kim Seokjin I won't have any regrets putting a bullet through your skull to avenge my brother!" He yelled furiously while pulling a trigger only to be grabbed making his aim off its original target and into the wall just above your head.

So Seokjin was his name.

You gasped loudly dropping your glass ending with a loud shatter on the stone floor. "We must leave now" Seokjin said pulling you up and beside him as security grouped up around the eight of you, hidden guns now in view from everyone including Seokjin himself.

"I'll explain everything to you once we are safe"

And with no other words you all were running out the back doors and into a large black vehicle that sped off quickly. You were shaking in fear and confusion, it was long minutes before Seokjin spoke again.

"I deeply apologize but I'm afraid that you will no longer be safe alone"

A/N
Idk what it is with me and cliffhanger endings and I'm not really proud of this one but it's a draft I wanted to finish from a while ago. Anyways, ughhh quarantine is really beginning to suck :')