Period 4

Tuesday, September 8th, 2009

Okayy, that was the bathrooms and the cafeteria. That bell means its time for period 4." I sighed, snatching Gerards timetable from his hands, "Art class. Okay, this way."
Gerard looked down at the floor. I scoffed and grabbed his arm. I pulled him down the corridors until we got to his classroom.

"Are you going in then?" I asked.
"I don't w-want to."
"Well tough shit, you have to."
"I don't want to. People w-will laugh at me. I know you t-think i'm w-weird. I-Imagine what e-everyone will say about me w-wearing girls clothes."
For a moment i felt guilty for Gerard, but i snapped out of it moments after.
"Get in. I'll sit with you."
"Thank you."
"Just so we're clear, i don't like you. I'm just doing this to get Principal Blaze off my case so i can go to the spring dance."
"Whats t-that?"
"A school party in May. I don't have a date yet but getting one will be so easy for me, i've dated almost every girl in this school."
"Thats cool."
"Are you going to the dance then?"
"Probably n-not."
I would've asked why, but i'd already had enough of his whiny, stuttering little voice.

I made him sit down in the front of the class next to me, no matter how much he insisted he sit in the back.
"Just sit there Gerard."
"I said c-call me Gee o-okay?"
"Okay calm down."

"Yeah Gerard, you'll blow your skirt up!" A boy behind him said.
Gee's face went bright red. He looked like he was going to cry, but he shook his head and smiled.

All throughout class, the boy behind Gee kept throwing paper, pencils and pens at him.
"Frank p-please can we move? I r-really don't want to s-sit here."
"He'll get bored. Stop being a baby."
I felt really guilty about how i was talking to Gerard and the way i was treating him, i was no better than the others. It was embarrassing, but i eventually started being nicer to him.
"I think your skirt suits you." I said with a smile.
"You d-do?"
"Yeah, its really nice."
"T-thank you. You're only being nice c-cause you feel bad. You don't like m-me. You said you don't o-outside."
"Sorry. I was embarrassed."
"Its fine. Everyone gets embarrassed when they're w-with me. I'm really weird, i know i am. You d-don't need to apologise."

"Do you not think he's gay?" A boy said at the side of Gerard.
"Nah, it's probably transgender. What boy actually wears a skirt to school! Pussy!"
Gerards eyes filled with tears. He put his head on the desk and cried quietly to himself.
"Why don't you leave him alone?!" I shouted.
He looked up at me with his dark, hazel eyes and smiled weakly at me. I pulled his arm under the desk and held his hand.

"Franks dating Gerard! Ewww!" One girl shouted, throwing more crumpled paper at Gerards head.
"It's okay Gee. Ignore them."
"Let go."
I let go of Gerards hand.
"Why?"
"Do you know that...boy...he is sat over there..he d-dosent tell me his name. He makes me call him...other names. He thinks im dating him, but i d-don't want to. It's really embarrassing and he'll beat me up if he sees me with you."
"He won't beat you up when i'm here."
"He already does...he lives on my block. He does things to me...a-and he makes m-me do....g-gross things t-that i don't want to talk about."
"Its okay Gee. I'll sort him out. No one does that to my..friend."
"Friend?"
"Yeah. You're pretty cool."

Gerard shuffled his chair upto mine and grabbed my hand.
"Thank you." He whispered.

————————————————————————

UwU

623 words ✌🏻