Anxiety

"Geeeee." I chirped, diving on Gee.

Finally, summer break had arrived. Signing year books was always my favourite part of the last day. Gerard was worried no one would sign his, but for him, he got a lot of signatures and we were even voted "cutest couple of the year". Gerard was very happy about that.

"Fucking h-hell Frank! Do y-you wanna give me a h-heart attack or something?"

It was still weird hearing Gerard swear, but i found it hilarious when he did.

"Gee, gimme your yearbook." I said.
He looked at me and passed it to me.

I flicked to our photograph and very neatly wrote, 'I love you GeeGee, even though you're annoying as f*ck".

"Hey Frankie! Fucking d-dick! I'm n-not annoying, you a-are!"
"Nah."
I held Gerards waist and lifted him up in the air.
"Put me d-down idiot!"

"Hey Gee do you wanna sign my yearbook? I met you at the Spring dance, its Madalin."
"Oh h-hello, um...sure."
I pur Gerard back down so he could sign his friends yearbook.

"S-sorry Madalin, i-i'm not good a-at spelling."
"It's okay."

In his typical, scruffy handwriting, he wrote, Thank you for bieng so kinde to me and thank you for helping me at the spring danse, i don't fink i could hav gottan that stane out of my dress,

From Gee <3

"S-sorry about my h-handwriting and s-spelling, i have a l-lot of trouble with spelling."
"Oh, its fine."

Madalin smiled and walked away. Gerard scoffed held my hand.
"Whats that face for then?" I asked.
"I feel like...p-eople don't w-want me to s-sign their yearbook b-because of my h-handwriting and s-spelling."
"That's probably not true Gee."
"Y-you can barely r-read my writing. God why d-do i have to be d-different? I just w-wish i was normal, l-like you."
"You are normal, its your differences that make you special."

Gerard shook his head, "Nah, i-i'm just weird."
I giggled and scooped Gerard up into my arms, kissing his forehead and laughing.
"Oh i love you GeeGee."
"I l-love you too Frankie. But d-do you not care about h-how different i am? I w-wear girls clothes, i c-can't spell, i have to w-wear a hearing aid, I have s-stutter. Do you n-not wish you were dating s-someone who didn't have all t-these problems?"
"Well, i love the way you dress, spelling really dosent effect your personality, your hearing aid dosent bother me and i think your stutter is adorable. I think your little flaws are cute."

Ohhh, look what he's done to me. In September i was ready to beat him up, but now i was swooning over him. He's made me gross and sappy.

"You do?"
"Definitely boo."
I gave Gerard a small kiss on his cheek. I put him back down.
"Can I s-sign your yearbook?"
"Oh yeah, here."
I passed him my book and he started writing something. His handwriting was significantly neater than usual.

Dear Frankie,

I love you so much. I reely fort you wud hate me forevur when we first met in septembir. I never fort you wud go on a dait with me. Fank you for bieng so understaning abowt my problems. Fank you for makeing my ferst year of schewl so good.

Lots of love, Gee <3

"Wow, you're so good at spelling."
"Sorry."

A group of popular boys walked past us. One of them hit Gerard on the back of his head with their yearbook, knocking his hearing aid onto the floor.

"Shit, i c-can't see it." He muttered, getting on his hands and knees and searching for the small, clear hearing aid.
"Gee move, i'll look for you."
"What?"
"Move out of the way, i'll see if-"
"What d-did you say?"
I laughed and pushed Gerard to the side.

I searched for it, but had no luck.

"Has someone lost a weird, tiny bit of clear thing with a wire? I don't know what the fuck this is." A girl said, holding Gerard hearing aid in the air.
I approached the girl and took it from her.
"Oh, Frank. I haven't seen you since we broke up in August. How are you?"
"I'm good."
"Heard you were dating this weird, little creepy girl, boy kid."
"He isn't weird."
"What the fuckkk? Yes he is!"

"Frank w-what are you d-doing?" Gerard said, coming up to me.
The girl roared with laughter.
"So its true! The weird creepy boy who wears skirts is a little baby who can't even talk!"
"Back the fuck away from him. He can't help being different."

Gerard cowered behind me. His hot breath tickled the back of my neck. I passed him the little hearing aid as he hid behind me while adjusting back onto his ear.

"Ew! That was Gerards?! I touched that! I've probably got some weird disease."
I could hear Gerard really struggling to put it back in, so flipped the girl off and walked away with Gerard. I took him to the front desk where they helped him put it back in.

"What did you do to knock it out in the first place?" The teacher chuckled.
"Somebody h-hit me on t-the head with their book a-and it fell out."
"Oh dear, do you remember what they looked like?"
"N-no."
"Did Frank help you to find it?"
"Yes."
I put my arm around Gerard and smiled.

"Ookay, is that comfortable enough for you then?"
"Yes."
"And you can hear nicely?"
"Yes."
"Alright then, anymore problems don't hesitate to come find me. Off you go now boys."

Gerard walked by my side and didn't say a word.
"You okay Gee?"
"Mmhmm."
"You don't look okay."
"I d-don't like big crowds."
I held his hand and took him to a dimly lit corridor.

He was breathing heavily, almost like he couldn't breathe at all. Tears stained his face.

"Gee its okay. Is it just anxiety or something?"
"Yeah. I c-can't focus when there's a b-big crowd."
"You were fine at Spring dance, everyone was drinking and partying, why is this worse?"
"I d-don't know w-whats wrong with m-me."
Gerard slid down the locker down to the floor and sobbed.
"Gee, listen. I'm right here. You can trust me with any problems. I am always going to be here for you, no matter what you're dealing with."
"You will?"
"Of course. I love you baby."
"I l-love you too."

I held Gerard tightly until i heard him calming down.
"It's all going to be fine babe, i love you."
"T-thank you Frankie."

————————————————————————
1146 words