Hurt

Thursday September 11th, 2009

"Frank, do you w-want to c-come over and play D&D tonight?"
Gerard was wearing his typical black skirt and shirt.
"Sure, i've never played though."
"I'll teach you."
"Thanks."

"Look, its Frank and his girlfriend!" Someone shouted.
"FUCK OFF!" I shouted.
"Frank-"
"I don't care Gee, i don't want people making fun of you. You're a beautiful boy and an amazing person."
Gerard blushed a little.
"I love it when you wear a skirt. It makes you so beautiful."

Hanging out with Gerard was seriously damaging my reputation, i had lost all my friends because i was hanging out with the freaky kid. I didn't care though, Gerard was the nicest person i have met in a long time. He was so kind and shy but it was cute. I also thought his skirts and his girly clothes made him incredibly brave and beautiful. To be really honest, i thought i was catching feelings for him, but i'm straight, i've always been straight. He gave me serious butterflies in my stomach everytime i saw him, especially when he's dressed as a girl, he looks so cute.

"You r-really think my s-skirt suits me?"
"Yes. It makes you look so beautiful."
Gerard pulled me into a hug.
"It's e-embarrassing for you though, i k-know you get embarrassed w-when people see you with me, its m-my f-fault you lost all your friends."
"I don't care Gee. You're so pretty in a skirt and i don't care who sees me with you."
"But Frank-"
I pulled Gerard closer to my face. We stared into each others eyes.

"But we can't do this. We can't date." I said, pushing him away.
"What? W-why?"
"I'm straight. You're a boy and even though you dress like a girl, you're still a boy."
"But...i'm g-genderfluid...i really like you F-Frank."
"I know, but i'm not gay."
Gerards eyes flooded with tears like a swimming pool. He buried his head into my neck and sobbed.

"I'm gonna go now. See you next period Gee." I said, pushing Gerard away from me.
"Frank p-please don't l-leave me alone."
"Shut up and go away. It's your fault i have no friends. I'm bored of constantly talking to you about shit like Harry Houdini and Fangoria. Its boring."
"Frank-"
"I'll see you later."
I shouldn't have spoken to him like that. I lost my only friend because i was being so rude, as usual. Wouldn't really be surprised if he hated me now.

"Oh look, Frank where's your girlfriend?"
"SHUT THE FUCK UP! HES A FUCKING IDIOT AND I CANT STAND HIS STUPID STUTTERY WHINY VOICE! I WOULDNT DATE HIM IF HE WAS A GIRL ANYWAY!"

Gerard watched the whole thing and heard everything Frank said about him.

Period 2

Gerard didn't show up to period 2. Of course, the principal made sure i got in a fuck ton of trouble for leaving him.

"You, Mr Iero, was told to make sure Gerard wasn't on his own, i should've known you'd abandon him. Its because he cross-dresses isnt it? His interventions with the schools psychiatrist, he tells us how much he likes you, which according to his parents, is quite rare for him to like someone other than his younger brother Mikey. Mikey is always there for Gerard, he started to compare you to his brother and he told us you were so nice and caring to him, even about how he dresses. You really hurt his feelings today. I suggest you find him and apologise."

For fucks sake.

I searched the whole school for him, i should've known he'd camp out in the bathroom.

He was sat on the floor with somthing pressed against his wrist.

I realised what it was.

What he was doing.

He had a small blade in his hand.

His arm was covered in scars and blood.

"Gee! Put that down!"

————————————————————————

645 words