Good news

It was a little bit of a cliché, but the sun was shining into Gerards room. It was weeks since i found out about his cancer and he was only getting worse.

"Good morning baby boy, i got the best news from your doctors!" Debbie came in with a bright smile.
"What is i-it?"
"Theres an opportunity for you to get chemotherapy and radiotherapy!"

Those words were like music to me.
"R-really? Gee is going to survive?" I said, squeezing Gerards hand.
"Hopefully, it definitely looks good."

Gerard said nothing. He seemed happy, but wasn't talking at all.
"What's going on boo?" I asked.
"Are y-you going to still d-date me if i have c-chemo? I'm going to b-be so gross."
"Of course i am. I love you for who you are on the inside. You being ill dosent make me hate you, it makes me love you even more. You don't understand how much i love you. You are the sweetest boy i've ever met. Cancer...won't stop me from loving you less than i do."

Gerards eyes filled with tears as he dove into my arms and nuzzled into my chest. It wasn't long before he was fast asleep in my arms, clutching onto me tightly and snoring quietly into my stomach.

It was so cute to see Gerard sleeping. He didn't snore, well, only a little, but it was a cute snore. He would never stay in one sleeping position for long either. He'd always find a different way to lie.

I gently caressed his cheek bone as he slowly breathed in and out, his chest rising and falling. His slightly warm breath tickled me, but i dared to flinch. This was the first time in a while that Gerard fell into a deep sleep.

I tried to manoeuvre around Gerard, since my arms were getting tired, without waking him up. He coughed violently, but he still seemed deep into his sleep. The coughing didn't stop. It sounded like it was causing him serious pain.

"Gee wake up." I said, desperately shaking him.
A little bit of blood, mixed with presumably vomit dribbled down his chin.
"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I shouted, shaking Gerards body more and more violently.

Debbie ran into the room, with Mikey following after her.
"What happened in here?!"
"I don't know! He was just sleeping and i moved him out of the way, and—and he started coughing then i think he threw up a bit, but i think thats blood!"
"Mikey get your shoes on, he needs to be seen by a doctor now!"

Gerard was starting to wake up slightly. He sat up a little, and threw up all over himself. It was a mix of blood and sick.
"M-mommy?" He cried out.
"Not your mommy sweetheart, its Debbie, Debs."
"Frankie..."
I tucked his long hair behind his ear, "I'm here Gee. Should i get him some fresh clothes?"
"Yes please, nothing to warm or thick though. Just a T-shirt maybe."

I walked into Gerards walk-in closet. It was filled to the brim with a mix of boys and girls clothes. I picked out a dark blue shirt from his boys side of clothing and took it to Gerard.

I helped him to take his shirt off and put the clean one on.
"How are you feeling now?"
"Better. I don't want t-to go back to the hospital. Please d-don't make me go."
"If you are feeling better than i suppose we can just call your doctor and ask what to do."

Gerard fell back into my arms. He shivered like a dog. I gently rubbed and patted his back as he groaned quietly. I felt his grip tighten on my hand when he started crying.

"Hey, hey come on boo, don't cry. You told me not to cry so you don't cry either."
"I know, i'm s-sorry."
"Theres nothing for you to be sorry about. None of this is anyones fault."
"It is! It's m-my fault for b-being so different! If i w-was normal, like y-you-"
"Gee please stop with that. You're normal, but you just have health problems. That dosent make you any less normal! Just stop saying i'm normal and you're not! I don't care how different you are, i love you no matter what happens or what's wrong with you!"

Gerard looked at me with a guilty face.
"I'm sorry. It's just-"
"Nothing to be sorry about baby. I'm right here whenever you need me."

He stayed quiet.
"Gee. Listen to me right now. Tell me that you're normal like me. Tell me."
"I'd b-be lying-"
"I told you to stop with that! Tell me right now!"
"Okay. I'm n-normal, like you."
"Gee, if anything, you're special. You're better than me. You're brave and confident. You're incredibly smart and you're such a brilliant artist. You can play the fucking violin! And very well too! You have the most beautiful singing voice ever, you're so talented compared to regular people like me! Why can't you see that you're so much better than most people?!"

I lay down and pulled Gerard on top of me. He stopped crying and just, lay on top of me, not doing or saying anything.
"See? It's all going to be okay, we'll get through this thing, together, okay? Now, do you mind playing me a song on the violin?"
"I'm not in the m-mood."
"Come onnnn, you're really good at it."

I gently rolled Gerard off of me. I picked up his violin and put it on his knee.
"Just one song?" I said.
"Fine."

He started playing his sweet music. Fucking hell, how the FUCK did he not see how talented he was? All the children in the hospital loved him and his music and yet he never understood.
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound?" He gently sung in his beautiful voice.
"Jesus Christ i love you Gee."
He put his violin down and pulled me into a passionate kiss.