School again

Gerard had to go to school, regardless of his sickness. He wasn't allowed to take part in any science experiments or gym class, which he didn't care about. The day started with a lecture from the principal.

"Welcome back all students! Before i send you to your first class of the academic year, i must bring something to your attention."

I held Gees hand. He was still weak, but slowly getting better from his treatments.

"In our school, we have a student, Gerard Way."

Gerards eyes widened. His face went bright red and he sunk into his chair.

"I must bring to your attention that Gerard Way is currently going through chemotherapy and we would appreciate it if you could be especially nice to him, since this is a very difficult time for him."

"Fucks sake." I heard him mutter under his breath.
"Would Mr Way like to come up here and say anything?"
"Do you want to?" I asked.
He shook his head.
"No he dosent want to!" I shouted.

The school day ended, but all day, people were coming up to Gerard and telling him how amazing and brave he was. I agreed with them, but it was weird, and Gerard thought it was weird since he didn't know any of them. He ended up going home with 5 scented candles, 3 blankets and a plush toy.

"It was s-so embarrassing."
"I know Gee, but its done now."
"Well w-what about tomorrow?"
"You'll have to get used to it. I wouldn't complain though, those candles smell fucking amazing."
"You can take them."

I took Gerard to my house.

He walked into the bathroom to get changed, which was strange, since he always got changed in front of me.

"Whats going on boo?" I said, hugging Gerard from behind.
"What d-do you mean?"
"Why aren't you getting changed in front of me anymore?"
"I don't wanna t-talk about it.."
"Come on."

"Its...um...i have this t-thing in my arm..its like a perm-perma- fucks sake, its l-like an IV thats always in m-my arm."
"Let me see. I don't understand why you don't want me to see these things."

He held onto his arm and shook his head.
"I'd rather not s-show you."
"Show me."

He slowly rolled his sleeve up. His arms were pale and covered in scars and bruises. He showed me his IV or whatever it was and covered his arm quickly.

"Its just...i don't w-want people to feel b-bad for me. That's all its b-been my whole life and i h-hate it."
"People are going to feel bad for you, but its because they care about you and love you. Don't be embarrassed or scared to tell them what's happening to you."
"Sorry. Can we just listen to music now?"

So yeah, i was always helping Gerard with his speech problems and he was slowly getting over them.

"Yeah, sure."

———————————————————————500 words