Mud

September 7th 2009

What. A. Day. What a fucking nightmare. I have to be friends with this weird kid.

School finished. I walked around the park, before finding a tree and climbing up it. I sat on a branch and watched over the whole field.

I saw Gerard walking around with his hood up.

A group of boys who were definitely older than him approached him. I couldn't hear anything they were saying, but it was obvious they weren't being nice. They were pushing and shoving him. I felt guilty.

I climbed down the tree and watched from a distance.

"Aww, you should stop, wittle b-baby Gewawd is gunna cwy!" One of them said.

"I...I ju-just..." Gerard stuttered.

"You j-just j-just what? You retarded creep."

"I'm n-not retarded, i j-just have a s-stutter and dys-dyslexia okay?"

"Oh shut your trap."

One of the boys grabbed Gerards shirt.

"Ah fuck it, i'm bored."

He suddenly shoved Gerard into a patch of mud.

"HEY!" I shouted, "YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE RIGHT NOW!"

"Shit. Shit thats Frank Iero. Fuck!"

The group of boys ran while i chased them down the path.

Once they were out of my sight, i walked up to Gerard who was drenched in mud.

"What do you want?" He asked sarcastically, while wiping mud from his face.

"You're welcome, you fucking idiot."

"Why d-did you do t-that?"

"I felt guilty, okay? Now, leave me alone and don't expect me to be your mate. I don't hang around with people like you."

"Thank you."

I grabbed his arm and started wiping the mud off his face. He looked down at his feet and smiled weakly.

"Right then. Its off. Go put your clothes in the wash quick so it don't stain." I said, lighting a cigarette, "Want one?"

"No. I c-can't."

I blew out smoke, coughing a little, "Why not? It's only a cigarette."

"I can't."

"Don't be a pussy. Take one man, that's if you don't want my help to make friends."

I held out a cigarette in front of him. He hesitantly took it. I lit it.

"Thanks. I r-really shouldn't though."

"Why not?"

"They're b-bad for my health. I g-get really sick really e-easily and i h-have breathing problems...and...well y-yeah, i just shouldn't."

I felt a sense of guilt, "Don't smoke it. I don't want you to get sick. But i swear to god you tell NO ONE i tried to give you one."

"Okay."

I took the cigarette from him, threw it on the ground and stamped it out.

His phones alarm started blaring loudly.

"I g-gotta go." He said, putting his bag on his back.

"Why?"

"Doctors appointment."