06 | Old Friend

The next morning you woke up and padded out of your bedroom, almost completely silently. It was pretty unnecessary for you to be quiet, though. You saw Kookie fast asleep on the sofa, one arm thrown behind his head, the other resting on his stomach. You giggled silently at his face, his mouth slack open. He slept like a hibernating bear; it would take a several bulldozers for him to even slightly stir.

You went into the kitchen, walking normally now, and started making yourself coffee. You heard your phone go off, and opened it to a message from your girl friend, Micha. She was the one who had insisted you and your other friends go to the party, but not the one who had checked up on you the next morning.

Hey, it read, I'm going to get my nails done today, do you wanna come?

You didn't particularly feel like getting your nails done, but you didn't want to sit alone in your apartment all day doing nothing, either. And you didn't want to bother Kookie all day. 

With all the drama going on with Jimin, you decided it would probably be good for you if you went out with a friend and did something kinda girly.

Sure, you texted back, before you could change your mind.

Sweet, she replied almost immediately, I'll pick you up in an hour

You shrugged and didn't bother texting back. It's not like you could dispute it. When it came to Micha, you didn't really have a choice with that sort of thing.

"Morning," Jungkook said cheerily, appearing behind you and rubbing his eyes. 

"Stop sneaking up behind me like that," you said, flicking his shoulder. He laughed and stole some of the coffee you were making.

"Micha's coming to pick me up in an hour," you informed him as he placidly sipped the coffee you had made.

He wrinkled his nose. Jungkook had never really liked Micha. He didn't have a solid reason, she'd never really done anything to him, she just got on his nerves. It wasn't a big deal, you never forced them to hang out or anything like that.

"Ah," he said, "I see. You're kicking me out."

"Yup," you teased, obviously not being serious. Kookie knew he could stay as long as he wanted. "Don't you have to go find a replacement for Jeni, though?"

"Good point," he said, "Can't go a whole day without getting my-" You smacked the back of his head to shut him up and he laughed.

"Do you still want me to talk to Jimin for you?" he asked, raising his eyebrows at you.

"Yes, please," you said coolly.

"Okay," he nodded, "Just making sure that wasn't a random middle of the night thing that you didn't actually mean and were going to regret in the morning."