09 | Please Leave

You were absolutely crazy.

You'd known Park Jimin for a total of- what- three days? And already he consumed your thoughts. There was something about him, and you thought he felt it too, but you might be completely delusional.

His eyes, the plains of his chest, his lips, the way he scrunched his nose. And his smile. Oh god, his smile.

You drove and drove, unsure of where you were going, until you found yourself on Jin's doorstep. You didn't bother knocking, just tried the knob. It was unlocked, as usual.

"Hey," Jin greeted you from the couch, standing up, "I didn't know you were coming."

"Me neither," you said, your voice trembling as if it was unsure of what emotion to convey.

"Something's wrong," Jin said. Not a question, a statement. He automatically knew, and he wrapped his arms around you gently. You hugged him back, grateful you had someone like a responsible and comforting big brother, someone like Jin.

"I'm dumb," you said, with a humorless laugh.

"No, you're not," he said, rolling his eyes, "Don't be dramatic. Who is he?"

Jin pulled away from you and led you to the kitchen, where he started making hot chocolate, your favorite. 

"How'd you know it was a he?" you asked, wrinkling your nose.

"I've always known," he said, wiggling his eyebrows at you, "I'm a genius, remember?" You laughed a little bit and leaned against the counter.

"Remember Park Jimin from the other night?" you asked, knowing full well he did.

Jin gave a low whistle, "Jiminie? Damn, he's a hard one."

You snorted, "Yeah, no kidding."

"Did he hurt you?" Jin said, lowering his eyebrows, "Because I swear to god-"

"No, no," you said, waving your hand, "He hasn't even done anything. I'm just fucking tripped out about nothing. He's getting to me."

"Yeah, that tends to happen," he said with a resigned shrug. He wordlessly handed you a mug of hot chocolate and you took a sip. "What are you going to do?"

"Hell if I know," you said, "I've been trying to figure that out all day." 

"In my experience," Jin said, leaning on the counter beside me, "You have to go after this kinda thing. Even if your mind's telling you that it's dumb and senseless, if the rest of your body is being pulled to him like a damn magnet, you should let yourself be pulled." 

He took a sip of his drink and looked downwards, remembering something he wasn't going to talk about. He continued, "Because if you don't, you're going to regret it. And the regret of a missed opportunity is the worst kind of regret."