23 | Dancing Is Tiring

You weren't the best dancer. You had done your fair share of grinding in dark college parties, like you had done with Jimin the night you met, but you weren't used to dancing in bright places where sober people could see you. 

Jimin, however, seemed to know exactly what he was doing. There were plenty of people dancing, and he led you out to the center of them.

"I'm probably gonna step on you," you whispered, embarrassed.

He just gave you a smile. He guided your hand to his shoulder and took your other hand gently in his. You let out a sharp breath as his other hand rested lightly on your waist.

"Like this," he said, guiding you to take a step. You cautiously stepped in the direction he was nudging you, hoping you didn't look like a complete idiot. You looked to him imploringly, wondering how you were doing, and he gave you an encouraging smile. "Perfect," he assured you with a nod. 

You let him lead, showing you where to put your feet. He moved gracefully, and you wondered where the hell he had learned to dance like this. Jimin had never come off as a ballroom dancing type of person. 

But you were happy at least one of you knew how, and it only took a few minutes for the two of you to be twirling around somewhat gracefully. You stepped on him a few times, but he was nice enough not to say anything. He spun you around, and you giggled like a kid.

You didn't see Micha or her other half, they had probably left, and it was like they had never been there. Neither of you were thinking about the messy confrontation you had when you first arrived. You let Jimin twirl you around the dance floor, and you ate for a little while before dancing again. It was like a real date.

The party went on, and it got late. The sun started to slip below the horizon. Hoseok and Yoongi gave a toast that made you cry, once again, and Jimin gave you a smile and let you put your head on his shoulder. 

The night was drawing to a close, and Jungkook came over to you before left.

"Hey, love," he said, wrapping his arm around you, "You ate and everything, right?"

"Yup," you assured him, nodding.

"I took very good care of her," Jimin teased, and Jungkook laughed.

"I hope so," he made a mean face at Jimin, but was only able to hold it for so long before he started laughing. "He's driving you home?" 

"Yes," you said with another nod, "I'll text you when I get there."

"You better," he poked your nose affectionately, "I'll see you guys later." Kookie and Jimin clapped each other on the back, and he kissed you on the nose before darting off. 

"Ready to go?" Jimin offered you his hand.

You grabbed it, "Yes," you said, "Dancing is tiring." Jimin laughed, and the two of you walked back to the car. 

♛♛♛

The ride home was quiet, but it wasn't a uncomfortable quiet. It was the sort of silence that didn't have to be filled. You laid your head on the back of the seat and let your eyes drift closed.

You opened your eyes when you felt the car come to a stop in front of your apartment. 

Jimin looked over at you, a faint smile playing at his lips.

"I had fun," you told him.

"I'm glad," he said.

You leaned forward in your seat, and his eyes flicked to your lips. Your entire stomach flipped over, and he leaned closer to you. 

"I'm sorry for what I did to you," he whispered, his eyes dark. 

You shook your head gently, "It's not your fault."

You pressed your lips to his, and it was different than the other times. It wasn't filled with empty desire and the need to repress feelings with sexual activity. He exhaled, gently running his thumb down your cheek as he moved his lips slowly with yours. He fit with you in a way no one else had, using his mouth in a way that made words unnecessary. 

He kissed you like that for what seemed like the blink of an eye. You knew it had been several minutes, but you never wanted it to end.

"Have a good night," he said softly.

"You, too," you gave him a smile, and he returned it, but it seemed small and forced. 

You reached for the door handle, but were stopped by Jimin's hand gently on your wrist.

"Wait," he said. He turned around and produced something from his pocket. He offered you a small white rose.

You smiled and took it from him, his fingers brushing against your hand. You inhaled slightly, smelling the delicate floral scent that had filled the car.

"How'd you hide this the whole time," you asked, laughing.

"The same way I snuck the child lock off your door," he replied. He smiled, but wouldn't look at you. 

"Goodnight, Jimin," you said.

"Goodnight," he told you. 

You tried the door handle to find that he had taken the lock off of it, thankfully. He didn't look you in the eye as you climbed out of the car. You spared a look over your shoulder as you reached your apartment door to find him still sitting in his car, looking at you with an unreadable expression. You watched as he pulled away and sped off down the street.

Furrowing your brow, you unlocked the door and went into your apartment. 

The light in the kitchen was on, and you padded into the house to find Jungkook lounging on your kitchen counter.