10 | Misjudged

You thought about Jin's advice as you drove around for a little bit. But you didn't feel like you were in the right frame of mind to make any decisions, definitely not the kind that involved Jimin. He had been hurt enough, and you didn't want to do anything you weren't sure about, and risk hurting him more.

Jungkook let you crash at his apartment that night. You made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and played Mario Kart until the wee hours of the morning. Staying up this late was probably a bad idea, especially since both of you had work tomorrow, but neither of you really seemed to care. 

You didn't talk much, though you clearly both had things weighing on your mind. Sometimes it was easier to spend time together in mutual silence than to talk. You both passed out on the couch at around two in the morning, and slept fitfully all night.

"Morning," you called into the kitchen after you woke up. Though he was a heavy sleeper, Jungkook usually managed to wake up before you. The other day was a welcome exception.

"Morning," he called back, and you could smell pancakes sizzling on the stove.

You slipped into the kitchen behind him and squinted, "What's going on?" you asked suspiciously.

"What do you mean?" he flipped a pancake and pretended like he had no idea what you were talking about, "I'm making breakfast for my best friend, duh."

"You're too lazy to cook," you said, "You only cook if you're trying to take your mind off of something."

"That's not true," he insisted, but you could tell he didn't have the energy to lie convincingly.

"Come on, Kookie," you said, "Spill."

"It's not a big deal. Normal stuff. I don't know if I'm good enough to be in a real relationship," he shrugged, like it was the most normal thing in the world to say. Like he was simply telling you he was having cereal for breakfast, or that his phone had died.

"Kookie," you said, immediately wrapping your arms around his shoulders, "How can you say that?"

He refused to turn around and face me, concentrating on the pancakes in the pan. "That's just what I've been thinking lately," he said with another light shrug, "It just doesn't feel like relationships aren't my thing. I can't be a good boyfriend and keep a girl happy."

"You keep me happy," you pointed out.

"You know what I mean," he said, "You don't count." 

"No, I'm serious. I would die without you. You're my best friend, but you're also the most thoughtful and protective person I've ever met. The ideal boyfriend, really," you teased with a grin.

He finally turned around to face you and rested his chin on top of your head, "Then why can't I get anything more than a one night stand?"

You snorted, "You're the one that always gets bored with them, not the other way around," you said, "You just have to find a girl that's really special to you. Special enough to stay with."