41 | Blood Bruises

You cried out, clawing at the couch. The pain in your shoulder was immeasurable, and getting worse by the second, as Jin's friend set your shoulder in place. It was broken, as Jin suspected, and the only way to treat it was to set it and put it in a sling.

It took what felt like forever to get your shoulder set and safely in the sling, but you knew in reality it only took a few minutes. It felt a little better after Jin's friend, Kihyun, treated it, but the pain was still bad. 

Kihyun straightened, putting the supplies he could manage to bring on such short notice back into his bag.

"That's about all I can do," he told you, "You're going to have to go to a doctor to get pain medication prescribed to you."

You shook your head weakly, "It's fine. It doesn't hurt that bad." Such a lie.

"Come on, love," Jungkook said pleadingly as he squeezed your hand, "Get the pain meds."

"I.. um.." you swallowed, embarrassed, "There's no way I can afford that."

"I'll cover it."

"I'll pay."

"I've got it."

Voices came from three places in the room as Taehyung, Jin, and Jungkook all offered to pay for the pain medications. You gave them a small smile.

"Thank you," you said, "But I can't ask for that."

They all ignored you, turning their eyes to Kihyun. 

"Just text me and tell me what we need to do to get them," Jin said to him. Kihyun gave him a jerky nod, slinging his bag over his shoulder. 

Jin and Kihyun hugged briefly before Kihyun turned to the door.

"Feel better," he said to you before he left, and you nodded.

After your shoulder was treated and the doctor was gone, your mind was free to wander to other things. Jihyun. Jungkook. 

"Where's Jimin?" you whispered to Taehyung when you got a spare second. It took you a while to shake Jungkook off, but you finally got Tae alone in the kitchen.

Tae cleared his throat awkwardly, "He.. uh.. he went home."

"Home?" you asked, your voice betraying you by letting slip a hint of hurt and disbelief.

"Yeah," Taehyung cleared his throat again, "He was just a little surprised that you were all messed up, I think. Once he realized you were just a little hurt he went home with Jihyun."

You swallowed back all of the immediate replies that sprung into your throat. A little hurt? He was just surprised? There was no way that could be true, but you couldn't convince your heart of that as it hammered in your chest.