16 | Rooftop

After Hobi and Yoongi were officially engaged, Jin had to end the party. He knew for a fact that if everyone stayed for "a little bit," to "celebrate," it would turn into an all night party and the cops would probably get called. He was definitely right.

"Goodnight, Taehyung," you said to him as he left, giving him a kiss on the cheek to make sure he knew you weren't mad and you didn't feel weird around him.

"Night, love," Kookie shouted, throwing his arms around you.

"Night, lovey," you replied with a laugh, letting him shake you around a little bit affectionately. He finally put you down and left, ruffling your hair before he stepped out the door. The door closed, and you turned around to see Jin.

"Do you mind if I stay for a few?" you asked him, chewing your lip, "If not then that's totally fine I just"

"You're always welcome here, yeodongsaeng," he reminded you sternly, "Stay as long as you want."

"Thank you," you whispered gratefully. He smiled at you and retreated to one of the bedrooms.

You started walking, and you didn't realize where your feet were taking you until you found yourself in the attic. You chuckled, glad your legs knew where you needed to be more than your brain did. You climbed out onto the roof, onto a little alcove you and Jungkook would come up to when Jin had first moved here. You would bring beer and lay out here until the sun came up.

You settled down, hugging your knees to your chest and resting your head on them. The sun was slipping under the horizon, painting the sky with pretty shades of pink and orange. You closed your eyes and let the breeze wash over you.

You heard a small clunk, and turned to see the figure of a person sliding out onto the roof with you.

"Jin?" you squinted, confused.

"Pfft. I'm way better than Jin." Jimin came into view. He stood next to you hesitantly, his hands on his hips. "Just kidding," he corrected, "I wish I was that cool." You laughed and he smiled, seemingly satisfied with his joke. "Do you mind if I sit?"

"Go for it," you said, scooting over, "Beats sitting on the roof alone."

"The highest of compliments," Jimin said, chuckling. He settled down next to you in the same position you were in, resting his head on his knees.

"How did you know I was up here?" you asked, turning your head to look at him. His eyes were closed, and the colors of the sky lit up his eyelids, turning them a light pink.

"You're assuming I came up here to see you?" he asked. You raised you eyebrows at him. "Fine," he conceded, "Jin said this was where you came when you wanted to think."

Curse Jin and how well he knew you.

"Yeah, I guess I do," you said, looking out at the clouds, "It's pretty up here. Feels far away from the world."