43 | A Lot Of A Problem

The next couple weeks passed by in a blur for you. You learned quickly how to eat and sleep and function correctly with the sling on, especially since you kept forgetting you were wearing it for the first couple days and accidentally hurting yourself. 

Jungkook stayed with you a lot of the time, but gave you space when you needed it. 

Things with Taehyung stopped being tense within a few days; you both knew you couldn't be anything other than close friends, and what happened with Jimin wasn't his fault.

You barely saw Jimin in the next two or so weeks, and it weighed on you heavier than you thought it would. You only saw flashes of him every once in a while, when you were arriving at or leaving Taehyung's or Jin's house. Jimin was involved in the wedding planning just as much as you and Taehyung, but he was smart and always one step ahead of you when he planned his visits to people's houses. 

Every time you saw him, his reaction would be the same. Avoiding your eyes, maybe a tight lipped smile. He was very clear about wanting to keep his distance. The night you broke your shoulder seemed to be the last straw for him, and he wasn't taking any more chances. 

The wedding was coming up fast, Jin hadn't been kidding when he said Hoseok was eager to get married. Yoongi went along with the whole thing, doing whatever he needed to do and smiling the whole time. Everyone knew Yoongi didn't care when or where the wedding happened, he was just happy with whatever made Hoseok happy, and eager to do whatever he could to make it happen.

Today was one of the days you saw Jimin, though you didn't know if this was fortunate or unfortunate. Fortunate, because you ached to see him. Unfortunate, because you knew every time you saw him added to the feelings you were desperately trying to shove down.

You hopped out of Jungkook's car in a rush. You had told Jin and Taehyung you would arrive at Jin's house ten minutes ago, and you hated being late.

"Come on, Kookie!" you cried, rushing him out of the car.

"Coming, coming," he laughed. You laughed with him, despite how hurried you were. You were in an abnormally good mood today.

The laugh was frozen on your face when the front door was flung open to reveal Park Jimin. He almost ran into you as he left the house, and you felt the smile slip off your face. Your mouth moved slightly as you searched for the word hello in your throat, but you couldn't find it.

Jimin nodded at you politely, giving you a little smile. You managed to form a tight smile back at him.

Then he walked down the steps and down the sidewalk, where you noticed his car was parked. He disappeared into it, and was gone.

You were sitting in front of Jin's coffee table now, the new one that Jihyun had begrudgingly paid for. Jungkook had tried to take the full blame and replace it, but Jin wouldn't let him. 

Taehyung sat down cross legged on the ground next to you, opening up his laptop to the wedding registry Jin and Hoseok had set up. You were looking over the maid of honor speech you had written, scrawled on a sheet of notebook paper.