07 | He Ditched Me

You sat through your meal with Micha in relative silence. On your side, at least. Micha went on about her nails and more about her boyfriend, while you sat quietly, only nodding your head or occasionally saying 'oh, really?'

Micha's phone dinged, which made her stop talking for a few moments.

She squealed and hopped up, tossing some cash on the table to cover the bill. "My boyfriend's here to pick me up," she said, "I'll talk to you later?"

"But-" you started.

"You can call an Uber, right?" she said, cutting you off with a big smile. It wasn't an actual question, though. You couldn't really say no, so you just silently nodded.

"I'll walk with you out," you said politely, gathering your stuff and pushing away from the table. You followed her outside as she practically skipped.

"Hey, baby!" she giggled, throwing her arms around her boyfriend.

He hugged her back with a smile, "Hey!"

You had never understood how Micha and her boyfriend got together. Micha was great. Yes, she talked a lot, and she could be a little overwhelming, but she had always been sweet to you. She even helped you through a few break ups. But her boyfriend was so different from her. He was quiet, and really reserved. He was more the intellectual type, and Micha honestly couldn't care less about brains.

"Hey, good to see you," he nodded at me, always perfectly polite.

"Hey, Namjoon," you replied with a little wave.

"You're good getting home, right?" he raised his eyebrows. When he asked, it was a genuine question.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you said, "Thanks anyway."

"No problem," he replied, "Have a good day."

"You, too," you said. Namjoon and Micha walked away in the other direction, his arm securely around her waist. 

You shrugged a little bit. Even if they were different, they seemed happy with each other. They had been together for a while, as long as you could remember, and never had any apparent problems. That's all that really mattered.

You sighed and opened your phone to order an Uber, when your knight in shining armor pulled up next to you.

"Need a ride?" he asked, wrinkling his nose at you sardonically.

♛♛♛

"How do you always pop up when I need you?" you asked, and Jungkook shrugged with a smile. You were parked in the parking lot of the plaza, near where you and Micha had gotten your nails done, while Kookie ate his McDonald's.

"It's magic," he said, "I have a radar that tells me when you're in trouble."