49 | Slow Motion

You screamed, and it was like everything was moving in slow motion. Micha's face, frozen in crazed fury. Jungkook's mouth, open in shock, but no noise was coming out. And the blood, crimson red, slowly spreading outwards and staining his white shirt.

Then everything sped up. Screaming, everyone was screaming. You were screaming. Jungkook collapsed, and you held onto him as he sank down to the floor, holding his head in your lap.

There was absolute chaos. Jin was crying, and so were you. You didn't realize until the tears spattered in Jungkook's hair, and you didn't bother to wipe them away as you cradled his head in your arms. Micha was gone. Guests were clearing out. Yoongi and Hoseok were both on their phones, and you could hear both of their conversations at once. Hoseok, calling an ambulance; Yoongi, calling the cops.

You were in the city, and the ambulance was there almost immediately. They tried to get you off of Jungkook's fallen form to load him into the ambulance, but it took Jimin and Taehyung grabbing you and prying you away from him for you to move.

His face was frozen in your mind, his eyes wide and shocked, his mouth moving but not making any noise, a sheen of sweat covering his forehead.

They loaded him onto a stretcher, pulling an oxygen mask over his face. The paramedics were yelling between each other, but their voices were only a ringing in your ears.

Before you knew it, you were loaded in the back of a dark SUV. You sat in the back, crushed to Jimin's shoulder. Taehyung and Jin sat on your other side, Taehyung with both arms wrapped around Jin's broad shoulders. Yoongi drove, his knuckles white on the steering wheel, his other hand gripped tightly in Hoseok's hands as Hoseok sat in the passenger seat.

The paramedics had offered to let you ride in the back with Jungkook, but Jimin waved them away. You were already in near hysterics, and he knew you wouldn't be able to handle seeing what was happening to Jungkook in the ambulance. 

It didn't take you long to arrive at the hospital, which was brightly lit and smelled of tension and unhappiness and disinfectant. You hated hospitals. You had always hated hospitals. But you knew that Jungkook needed to be there. 

You didn't even register that you were crying. You couldn't feel your shoulders shaking, you weren't making any noise, but tears were falling from your eyes quickly. Jimin didn't stop touching you at any point. He held you hand as you got out of the car. His arm rested lightly over your shoulders as you rushed into the hospital. And now, as you sat in the waiting room, he let you lean on him because you weren't sure you could hold yourself up. 

You were vaguely aware of the doctors and nurses coming in and out, vaguely aware of them all talking to Jin. You heard words like critical condition and hemorrhage, but most of them wouldn't register in your brain.

The night passed as the six of you waited for Jungkook to be out of surgery. Taehyung was going in and out of the room, getting coffee for Jin and trying to get him to eat, but he refused. You saw Taehyung and Jimin exchange a long look, obviously concerned for both of us. You tried not to worry them, raising your head and giving Jimin a little smile. But it was forced, and you could feel your eyes starting to water again.

Yoongi came in from the hallway and carefully kneeled in front of you. 

"Hey," he said gently, "I just got off the phone with the cops. Micha got arrested and she's in custody."

You let out a little sigh of relief. If you weren't so worried about Kookie, you would've wanted to kill her, and the bars in a police station cell were probably the only things that could keep you away from her once Jungkook was in stable condition.

You sniffed slightly before speaking, hoping your voice wouldn't be too raspy, "Is she gonna be able to bother us again?" you asked.

Yoongi gave you a little smile, "No, definitely not," he told you, "If she doesn't go to prison, she'll be admitted to a psychiatric hospital. It all depends on whether or not they decide she's crazy enough to go to jail."

You nodded, "Okay, good," you laid your head back on Jimin's shoulder, more for comfort this time than because you physically had to.

This time when the nurse walked into the room, you forced yourself to listen.

"He's still in surgery," she told the six of you, "But it's looking promising. He should be out in the next thirty minutes to an hour."

You nodded, swallowing thickly. You glanced at Jimin's watch, which read 2:00 A.M. You were surprised for a moment. The reception had started at ten o'clock, and it was already two? The night had passed by quickly. 

Jimin grabbed onto your hand, and you interlaced your fingers with his gently. 

"He's gonna be okay," Jimin breathed into your ear, "He's strong." You nodded slightly, letting your eyes flutter shut. 

Just then, the door to the waiting room flew open to reveal Jungkook's date, Lee. Her hair was frizzy, her eyeliner slightly smudged, but she still looked good.

"Hey," she said, breathless, "I got here as soon as I could. I did everything you needed finished, Hobi." Hoseok nodded, giving her a tight hug before he sat back down. You looked over at them, confused.

"A lot of the guests were panicking, and they obviously had to cancel the reception," Jimin explained to you quietly, "But everyone needed to be at the hospital, so Lee offered to handle all of the guests and talk to the restaurant and handle everything that needed to be done to reschedule the  reception."

You nodded, giving Lee a tight smile, "That was nice of her," you whispered back.

"Yeah, she's helping a lot," he said, nodding.

It felt like forever until Jungkook's doctor entered the waiting room, his expression professional and unreadable. Your entire group stood up at once, waiting anxiously for news. All eyes were trained unwaveringly on the doctor.

"He's out of surgery," the doctor told you, "It went well. You can go see him if you want, but I wouldn't recommend more than two people in the room at a time."

Jimin pressed his lips to your hand gently before letting you go. His hand was replaced by Jin's, who squeezed your hand tightly as you walked with him. You followed the doctor out of the waiting room and down a brightly lit hallway until you reached a closed door.

"Go on in," the doctor told you, gesturing towards the door.

You and Jin looked at each other nervously, and he nodded once before opening the door.