39 | Bodyguard

Jungkook didn't shut the radio off until you pulled up to Jin's house, and you were grateful you didn't have any time to be alone with your thoughts.

You hopped out of the car along with Jungkook. The house looked normal, not like the scene of any disaster or horrible occurrence. But you knew you wouldn't be able to tell if everything was truly okay or not until you went inside.

Jungkook didn't bother knocking, just pushed inside the house quickly and held the door open for you. The house was quiet when you entered, the only sounds were muffled voices coming from the living room. It didn't sound like anything horrible had happened, either, and you tried to calm down a little bit as you entered the living room. 

Taehyung and Jin were sitting a respectable distance apart on the sofa, a man sitting across from them on the arm chair who looked to be around Jin's age. They all looked up at you and Jungkook as you entered the room.

"Hey, Kookie," Jin said, grinning at his brother, "We didn't know you were coming."

Jungkook gave a little shrug, "I'm her babysitter," he smiled down at you, and you rolled your eyes, suppressing a smile.

The man sitting across from Tae and Jin didn't react very much to the playful tone in the room, his expression stayed casual. He stood up, his eyes trained on you. Taehyung and Jin stood with him, looking between the two of you.

"Hey," the man said to you, "My name's Jihyun. I'm Jimin's brother."

Your mouth formed an O as you froze for a few moments, not knowing how to react. Jimin had been staying with his brother, so you were sure Jihyun had heard about everything that happened. There was a very distinct possibility he hated you.

It took what felt like forever until you finally unfroze.

"Hello," you said, "I'm"

"I know," he said, "You're who I came to see."

Taehyung and Jin stood there awkwardly as they both tried to figure out whether or not they should intercede to help you. You glanced at Jungkook, and, though you couldn't quite read the expression on his face, you knew he would be ready to step in if Jihyun was hostile towards you.

Jungkook locked eyes with you and gave you a tiny smile. You felt a little better, good enough to take a small step towards Jimin's brother and extend your hand to him.

"Uh.. nice to meet you," you said, trying to give him a smile.

He looked down, surprised, at your hand, before taking it and shaking it gently.

"Nice to meet you, too," he replied.

It was undeniable at that point that the room was thick with nothing other than awkwardness. It hung in the air, making everyone look uncomfortable. The only one who seemed immune to it was Jihyun, who still looked calm and casual. Being cool in social situations was apparently something that ran in the family, because Jimin did the exact same thing.