42 | Any Excuse

You woke up the next morning curled up on top of the covers, positioned awkwardly so you wouldn't hurt your shoulder any more. Jungkook laid on the other side of the bed, taking up more room than you thought physically possible. 

You got up and went to the bathroom, rinsing your face off with cold water. Jungkook poked his head into the bathroom a few seconds later, and you jumped, letting out a little yelp.

He grinned, "Did I scare you?" but the grin disappeared from him face quickly, "Shit, did you jump and hurt your shoulder?" he was immediately on the other side of you, examining your sling and making sure everything was fine.

"Kookie, Kookie," you laughed, grabbing his hair and pulling him up to look at you, "I'm fine. Everything's fine."

He nodded slowly, and everything seemed fine until the tears started flowing down his face.

"Jungkook? What's wrong?" you grabbed his face in your hand, staring into his eyes frantically. Tears were spilling over quickly, and you didn't understand why, and you desperately wanted to.

He buried his face in your neck, "I'm sorry," he whispered into your skin, "I'm so, so sorry." And you realized why he was crying.

"No, love, it's okay," you wrapped your uninjured arm around his neck as tightly as he could. 

"No, it's not," you felt him shake his head slightly, "This is my fault. Your fucking shoulder is fucking broken and it's my fault. He was trying to hit me. I should be the one with the broken shoulder."

You buried your face in his hair, "It's not your fault, Kookie," you desperately assured him, "Don't cry."

He sniffled, "I'm sorry I hit him," he said softly, "I mean, I'm not sorry I hit him, because he was being an asshole to you. But I'm sorry I had to get into a big fight and wouldn't stop. If I had stopped you wouldn't be hurt."

"I'm not mad," you said, "It's okay."

You let him finish crying until he finally raised his head, wiping his face. His eyes were red and puffy, and you hated it. He never cried, and you didn't want to see him cry. 

"I'm not gonna let it happen again," he told you softly, "I don't want you to get hurt again."

You nodded, knowing there wasn't anything you could say to make him stop blaming himself. He quietly composed himself, rinsing his face off in the sink. You pressed your lips gently into his shoulder before walking back into your bedroom.

♛♛♛

"Where are you going?" Jimin asked sharply as he walked into the front room of his apartment to find Jihyun grabbing his car keys and heading for the door.

Jihyun turned around sheepishly, "To her place."