40 | Heat Of The Brawl

Jungkook's fist connected with Jihyun's jaw with a sickening thump. Jihyun hit the ground, hard, but was back on his feet in a second. He grabbed Jungkook around the chest, barreling him into the wall. Jungkook didn't move easily, and he slammed his fist into Jihyun's chest.

Taehyung and Jin unfroze, both trying to restrain one of the boys. Taehyung forced his hands around Jihyun's shoulders, while Jin grabbed Jungkook's arm, trying to keep him from swinging again. 

"Stop! Jungkook! Stop it!" you yelled, but it was like he couldn't hear you. Taehyung and Jin weren't strong enough to hold the guys back when they were still in the heat of brawling, and it didn't look like either of them were stopping. Jihyun hit him over and over, until Jungkook grabbed him, shoving him forward. They toppled over, smashing through the coffee table.

Jin clapped his hand over his mouth, while Taehyung tried again to separate the two.

"You're going to kill each other!" you cried, but no one was listening.

You grabbed Jungkook, trying to pull him away from Jimin's brother. 

You didn't see Jihyun's fist winding up, or him starting to swing, as you used your body weight to try to push Jungkook away. It was as if his fist was moving in slow motion, and you moved to exactly the wrong space at the very wrong second. Jihyun's fist connected with your shoulder with the full force of his body, a punch that was intended to hit Jungkook.

You barely realized you had gotten hit until you were on the ground. Jihyun froze, staring down at you with a mixture of horror and shock. 

Jungkook dropped to his knees next to you, and Taehyung and Jin rushed to your side.

"Holy shit," Jungkook looked like he was going to cry, "Holy shit. Are you okay?"

You winced, "I'm okay, I'm okay," you told him, but you knew that was a lie. The shock was starting to wear off, and you were beginning to feel the sharp, throbbing pain in your shoulder. But you knew if you told Jungkook that you were actually hurt, he would stand up and kill Jimin's brother, right then and there.

Jihyun took a few steps backwards, tripping slightly over the fragmented table on the floor. His wide eyes never left your face.

"Get her on the couch," Jin immediately said.

Taehyung nodded, and the two of them easily lifted you onto the sofa. You grimaced slightly as your shoulder was jostled, biting your lip to keep from crying out. Jungkook's lip trembled as he sat on the couch next to you. 

"I'm sorry, love," he said, his voice breaking, "I'm so, so sorry. This is my fault."

You shook your head weakly, "No, it's fine, Kookie," you tried your best to reassure him, "It doesn't even hurt that bad."

You heard a strangled noise from the doorway, and your head snapped up.

Jimin stood in the entrance, his eyes trained on your crumpled figure. He opened and closed his mouth, but no words came out. He was so intensely focused on you that he didn't ask any questions about what his brother was doing there, or why they were all crowded in Jin's living room like it was a conference hall.