𝕏𝕀

A few hours later, Klaus called Blair again, this time, she just laid in bed. "What now, Nikki?"

"Put on something nice, you're coming to a homecoming dance." Klaus told her. She sat up.

"A homecoming dance? Niklaus Mikaelson and a homecoming dance. I couldn't imagine it. Where and when?" Blair picked at him.

"The Lockwood Mansion. Three hours. See you soon, love." This time, Klaus was the one to hang up on her. She soon picked out a lovely emerald green dress that came down to her mid thigh, and she got some nude heels to go with it. Three hours flew by, she ended up arriving a bit late. The mansion was packed full of teenagers and it was nearly impossible to walk without getting stared at. Blair quickly found Alexandra.

"Alexandra!" Blair called out. She had a beautiful red dress on that fit her body well. She smiled when she saw Blair and walked over to her. "I hate to ask you right now, but what has your little gang been planning?"

Alexandra's face fell. Fear flooded into her eyes. Blair took that as a tell tale sign something was going on. "Ah. That's all I needed to know. That you, Alexandra. You look stunningly gorgeous, by the way."

She then found Klaus, tapping him on the shoulder, and standing there, with her arms crossed.

"Well, don't you just look beautiful as ever." Klaus said with a smile.

"Don't compliment me, I'm supposed to be mad at you for leaving." She said with a small smile, looking around to make sure no one important was around to hear. "Walk with me."

As they began to walk through the people, her expression became more serious. "They definitely have a plan. I talked to an old friend of Blaine's, and she got scared the moment I asked her. You better have your hybrids ready. I'm not sure me or your ripper can protect you on our own."

"Mmm, I'm afraid you're correct. They can conspire all they want, but I'll always be a step ahead." Klaus gloated.

"Niklaus, it amazes me how you manage to hold up that big head of yours. Honestly." Blair laughed at him.

"Whatever. Go enjoy the festivities. I'll text you if I need anything." Klaus told her.

"Right. Don't get in too much trouble without me. You know how much I love a good fight." She said with a smile, before walking away. He was a good friend, despite his flaws. Not long after, she got a text from Klaus. "Mikael is here. Come to the front door." She did as he said.

"...Or I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb." Klaus said as she walked up. She stayed a bit away, not wanting to draw any attention. A group of hybrids began gather behind Mikael on the lawn.

"They can't kill me." Mikael stated.

"True. But it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these two fingers together and they'll pounce." Klaus threatened his father.

"The big bad wolf. You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward. You only forget. They may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me." A hybrid walked up behind Mikael and pushed Elena to Mikael.

"Come out and face me, Niklaus. Or she dies." Mikael said, grabbing Elena.

"Go ahead. Kill her." Klaus invited.

"No, Klaus. He'll do it." Elena whined. As usual.

"If she dies, this lot will be last of your abominations." Mikael told him. He knew it would mess with him a little, his constant need to never be alone.

"I don't need them. I just need to be rid of you." Klaus shot back, keeping up his brave facade.

"To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever, with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you any more, boy! What do you have other than those whose loyalty you forced? No one. No one." Klaus's eyes started tearing up.

"I'm calling your bluff, father. Kill her." Klaus said.

"Come outside and face me, you little coward. And I won't have to." Mikael insulted him. Blair hurt you see Klaus like this, but she couldn't do anything.

"My whole life you've underestimated me. If you kill her you lose your leverage. So go ahead. Go on. Kill her. Come on, old man. Kill her. Kill her!" Klaus yelled at his father, who only laughed.

"Your impulse, Niklaus. It has and will forever be the one thing that keeps you from truly being great." Mikael stabbed Elena with a dagger and pulled it out quickly. She fell to the floor. Mikael laughed as Klaus looked on, shocked. Damon rushed up behind Klaus, twisting him around and stabbing the White Oak dagger in his stomach. Katherine gets up from the floor. Blair looked around to see Stefan, and they quietly formulate a plan with nods.

"Katherine..." Mikael said. Ugh.

"Kaboom." Katherine said with a smile. Katherine had two wolfsbane grenades in her hands and threw them at the hybrids. Meanwhile, Damon is about to stake Klaus, when Stefan knocks him off of Klaus and Blair pounced on Damon, pinning him down on the ground. The stake landed on the floor.

"What are you doing?!" Damon yelled at Stefan. Klaus took the stake, jumped at Mikael and drives it through his heart; he bursted into flames.

"What the hell did you do?" Damon yelled again at his younger brother. Blair got off of Damon.

"He's earned his freedom." Klaus stated the obvious.

"Thank you my friend. You no longer have to do as I say. You're free." Klaus un-compelled Stefan. Stefan looked where Damon was, but he had already fled. He turned to Blair now.

"You can leave now too, if you want." He told her. She tilted her head, quirking her eyebrows a bit.

"As I could've many times now, but have I yet?" She stepped closer, putting a hand on his shoulder. "What your father said isn't true. I really hope you know that."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was the next day now, Klaus and Blair were walking as Klaus was leaving a voicemail message. "Hi Rebekah, where are you? Pick up the phone, darling. Daddy is dead. It's time for a family reunion." He received another call and switched to it.

"Stefan! Miss me already?" Klaus greeted, as Blair listened on.

"I'm just calling to thank you for my freedom." Stefan informed him.

"Oh, I like to believe I'm a man of my word, more or less." Klaus said with a small smirk.

"Thing is, it came at too high of a price. You took everything from me, Klaus." Stefan said. Blair's smile fell. Something bad was about to happen.

"Let bygones be bygones, trust me. Resentment gets old." Klaus and Blair approached his truck in which he transported the caskets. Blair could only silently disagree with his statement.

"You know what never get's old? Revenge." Klaus opened the truck to find it's empty; the caskets are all gone.

"No." Klaus growled. A gasp escaped Blair's lips.

"What's the matter, Klaus? Missing something?" Stefan said sarcastically.

"What are you doing?" Klaus started to walk away from the truck.

"Just enjoying my freedom." Stefan said, coolly.

"I will kill you and everyone you've ever met!" Klaus threatened, his voice still a growl.

"You do that, and you will never see your family again. I wonder Klaus, as someone who has been one step ahead for a thousand years... are you prepared for this?" Stefan asked as Klaus yanked the phone away from his ear. He was the most mad Blair had ever seen him, not even bothering to talk to her as he stormed past.